PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
George, you have outdone yourself this time. Tough to beat the Feds, the don't care what you are or claim to be they want their money.

Reactions: Zero

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Start a Bernie Madoff style Investment Firm. It's foolproof as long as you die before anyone figures it out.

Or you could invest it legally, as long as you pay your taxes you could making literally tens of dollars a month in no time.

Reactions: brian64
Ever wonder why laundry mats still get built? How can they pay an attendant from $1 an hour machines?
They don't actually wash the money in machines. It is a great way to show unrecorded cash coming in to turn it into a legit profit that can be used.

Now, maybe there are a few legitimate laundry mats out there. Maybe not all of them are fronts for mobsters. But, what moron has ever thought to themself that starting a laundry mat was a great idea to get rich quick?
Coffee shops... same thing. Charge a mere $5 a cup and encourage people to waste space hanging out for free. Stupidest idea for a business. But, a great way to turn crooked cash into a usable funds.

If someone tells me that they own laundry mats or coffee shops... I give them a wide berth to walk past me. Most likely they know where the bodies are buried, OR they are the stupidest businessmen on the face of the earth.

Pool Halls... $1 a game, play for as long as long as you want. There is one in my old hometown that still charges $.50 a game. I played there as a teen, and last time I was there it dawned on me that the building had 10 tables, at .50 a game. A game could last an hour. No other vending. I asked the guy how he made his money at only $5 an hour possible. He reached beneath the counter pulled out a $15 cigar, lit it, looked at me side eyed, and said, "what are you, the feds? Volume... I'm the hardest working guy in billiards."

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Now, maybe there are a few legitimate laundry mats out there.
Scrubber+200.jpg

Think about how much crooked money gets passed around in the US. Drugs, stolen car parts, fenced goods, Hell, you can't even accept a bribe without having to show somewhere on paper where it came from. Someone gives you $200,000 in small bills. So what, you can't spend it, yet. Like you gonna buy a house with a stack of ones and fives that just drops out of the sky... tell them you've been dancing for Chippendales at night for decades. Don't mind the smell of jock strap and self-loathing. Just gimme the gaddam house?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Pool Halls... $1 a game, play for as long as long as you want. There is one in my old hometown that still charges $.50 a game. I played there as a teen, and last time I was there it dawned on me that the building had 10 tables, at .50 a game. A game could last an hour. No other vending. I asked the guy how he made his money at only $5 an hour possible. He reached beneath the counter pulled out a $15 cigar, lit it, looked at me side eyed, and said, "what are you, the feds? Volume... I'm the hardest working guy in billiards."

Exactly so.

Even the World's Greatest Financial Minds agree it's the smartest type of business. They don't just SAY so, either, but put their money where their mouth is by investing billions of dollars:

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 2.59.39 PM.png

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
@cigrmaster would provide great commentary about now, and in a @georged thread to boot.

Sigh. Rest well, Harris.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've always wondered how someone could steal my identity to get rich. Hell, I've been me my whole life... with hardly anything to show for it, ah ha.
And cue Steve Lawrence!

LOL, I probably saw this live as a kid on Ed Sullivan eating popcorn and having a Pepsi waiting for the damn show to get over so we could switch to Bonanza!

Michael Landon was the only regular cast member not wearing a hairpiece, haha, and as we all know could only gun people down after a patented Cartwright cartwheel!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
George, when you eventually tire of all the fame and have spent your fortune you will need to think of your retirement pension.

For this you could write a book all about your (mis)adventures with the people you have had to deal with along the way & bitch about how life actually sucked despite you having everything you could ever possibly want.

You'd make a princely sum I have no doubt!

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Briar Tuck