PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I looked through my cellar earlier today wanting to grab something with age to it. I wasn’t sure what I wanted...I just wanted to crack and old tin for the hell of it. I came across a tin of G.L. Pease Fillmore Fog City Selection I’d forgotten about and noticed it bulging...which as we all know is a good sign of fermentation within. Upon peeling back the “pop top” tin I heard the gas escaping and scent of stewed fruit already permeating my nostrils. I get the plum, figs, prunes and all the rest. The flakes look darkly delectable, and still very moist to the touch. I can’t wait to smoke this later this evening after some drying time...very excited! Take a look and let me know what tins you’ve recently opened with any age, and how the blend was for you? Best to all!☕FD2C9950-CCEB-480D-ADA1-F55568F61C25.jpegF37CC392-3074-4F47-8E96-5EF2FDF548E6.jpeg3878A559-0D9E-4EF8-92B9-F3F512D338A3.jpeg

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
This was an older tin, so good....

18479327-orig.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I sold a tin of AC Petersen Escudo as above a few years ago for, I believe, $125.00. The fellow who bought it is now inactive on this board. Anyway, he planned to take the tin to an upcoming pipe show but then could not attend. If it had been me I would have cracked the tin forthwith, gleeful that I could smoke it myself. But no, he gave the unopened tin to a friend who was going to the show to share with others attendees. The pipe world is unaccountably blessed by recurrent generosity.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I sold a tin of AC Petersen Escudo as above a few years ago for, I believe, $125.00. The fellow who bought it is now inactive on this board. Anyway, he planned to take the tin to an upcoming pipe show but then could not attend. If it had been me I would have cracked the tin forthwith, gleeful that I could smoke it myself. But no, he gave the unopened tin to a friend who was going to the show to share with others attendees. The pipe world is unaccountably blessed by recurrent generosity.
Indeed Sir indeed!☕

Status
Not open for further replies.