Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Romeowood gifted this to me at the Kansas City Pipe Show. Sorry Romeowood.
IMG_1302-725.jpg

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Bahahahaha! Noob. *kidding, kevin* Seriously though, did you put it on a gas range? :rofl:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I actually like smoking my Jet from time to time. I use it as an exercise device in practicing my slow smoking since they are prone to smoking hot.... Like ^ one.
Sorry it burnt. Hate to see good old pipes get hurt.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Kevin, I'm kinda a newbie on this pipe smoking stuff, but aren't you supposed to use those butane lighter thingies on the top of the pipe instead of the bottom?... :laughat:

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I am kinda feeling validated that a pro smoker like Kevin can do this from time to time.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I was also outside on a windy day, and it was 90 degrees out.
Coincidentally, while smoking this pipe I had two phone calls; one with Mr. Pease and the other with Mr. Levine.
Not that they had anything to do with it. It's just interesting that I did this major faux pas while talking to two of the heavyweights in the business that work with me.

sparkyspipes

Lurker
May 8, 2013
LOL Kevin I bet you got done and looked at that pipe and when, OH man! good looking pipe, now it just has Character.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
As a scientific experiment, you should cut the pipe and see if there was a void in the pipe heel where it burned out. I have always thought that many burnouts are the result of hidden flaws in the briar, besides, if that is the case it will make you feel better. Also, if it is not the case you don't have to mention that and no one will be the wiser.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I've seen pictures of guys that cut the shank off and make a tamper out of it....
You must clench- I'm surprised it wasn't burning your hand long before that happened!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Kevin, just be thankful it was not your Dunhill with the Gold band that you did that to. I bet you would be crying like a little girl if you burned that pipe out.

Status
Not open for further replies.