PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
wv
This is my second attempt to fix a broken stem. Thanks for all the info on the process ssjones, rsun, ejames, tuold.

I'm not in the habit of hacking up briar and vulcanite but this one was so far gone it was the only way to save it.

http://youtu.be/1JI2NQThutQ

65chevy

Lurker
Jan 14, 2013
Nice work, out standing. looks like it was new.

that's one of thing I like about pipes, the hunt and then the fix up.

bring them back to life. Seeing how you did that now I must try to rework my oldies.

Thanks

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Very nice job Daniel! I love a good low grade pipe restoration. I've done a few myself, and while I'm doing them I'm always thinking, "gee, I hope this works".
Clearly, yours worked, and was well worth the effort. Congrats, and thanks for the post! :clap:

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Great work, looks great. Great choice in music, I'm guessing you like sci-fi and action also by the choice of music

Jan 8, 2013
Very nice :) I'm carving a pipe right now and I bought the a premade stem and I'm thinking about thinning it up and reshaping it a bit... Stemwork is the one thing that's scaring the crap out of me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As said earlier by someone else, the pipe looks better than new. Wagner's contribution

with the Flight of the Vulcaries (sp?) wasn't bad either. Not a big Wagner fan, but that

theme has more cohesion and less frenzy than most of his.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I am sure that pipe never looked better than after your restoration/modification.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
danielplainview, What did you use to clean up the stem and bring back the shine? I have some pipes with heavily oxidized stems, and Walker Briar Works Pipe Stem Deoxidizer just is not cutting enough of the oxidization.

Status
Not open for further replies.