PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
Hello pipesters,

I have primarily ordered from Pipes and Cigars in the past, but other folks here have suggested blends to me that I can't find there. Upon searching I've found Ken Byron Ventures and Watch City.

Could you all sound off some of your favorite online retailers in the US, your opinions of them, opinions of others, negative, positive or otherwise? It seems like it's time for me to branch out to other retailers for these different blends, though I haven't had any problems with P&C so far.
Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've used PC a lot for their special offers and reasonable shipping. Second would be SP, a current sponsor, for their expansive inventory, careful specs on pipes both estate and new, and outstanding customer service ... their shipping seems a little more expensive. I've used Cup O' Joes for a specialty blend or two, and Iwan Ries for their Three Star Blue blend. I spend a little more to go to my local independent pipe shop and used to patronize a local Tinder Box franchise, where you couldn't smoke, but where I bought my first pipe, a shop that has since closed or relocated to a different city.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I've used PC a lot for their special offers and reasonable shipping. Second would be SP, a current sponsor, for their expansive inventory, careful specs on pipes both estate and new, and outstanding customer service ... their shipping seems a little more expensive. I've used Cup O' Joes for a specialty blend or two, and Iwan Ries for their Three Star Blue blend. I spend a little more to go to my local independent pipe shop and used to patronize a local Tinder Box franchise, where you couldn't smoke, but where I bought my first pipe, a shop that has since closed or relocated to a different city.
Cool getting some 3 star soon.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In my experience no one beats smokingpipes.com. For inventory and service they were my go to when I was still buying tobacco. I have had good success with 4noggins and mars cigars. I have also used Iwan Reis with no issues as well.

I used to be a very good customer of Pipesandcigars but they have gone down hill since they were bought out by Cigars International.

Elric

Lifer
Sep 19, 2019
Liplapper Lane (Michigan)
tobaccocellar.com

Iwan Ries always seems to have at least SG products in stock as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.