PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Back when it was just me and my girls, I used to try to use just one pan for everything. But, now that I am married, and my wife and I divide chores, (I do the cooking and she cleans), I use a lot more pans.
I still go one pan or one pot. Too much time spent cooking for boy scouts during backpacking. At least, I don't cook in Ziploc any more.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife is a talented cook, baker, and candy maker, and a retired restaurant reviewer and food writer. She teases me about my tendency to throw it all in one pan, no matter what. I'm famous for putting together a god awful "smoothie" when we were with friends at a sidewalk stand in Manhattan. People watched aghast and it was awful. I'd probably do the breakfast in one pan but cook things in sequence.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Why do I click on these threads? I know they're just going to make me hungry.

I do a one pan when camping by frying some brats then putting well drained sauerkraut on top and adding some beer. Then simmer to perfection! It's kind of a backwards way (I usually boil then grill) of cooking brats but it works. Just be sure to use a fork and poke some holes in the brats prior to cooking. You can start with some chunks of bacon if you like as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.