PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
It has been a great month for me and PAD so I close the month out with my latest Rad Davis. It is a squat brandy and the first time I have owned this shape. It is similar to a couple of my tomatoes or balls in that it has very thick walls. I am smoking some Wessex Brigade Sovereign Curly Cut in it and it is smoking great. I will be dedicating this pipe to vapers only.

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01824.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
While that is not normally my style of pipe, it's pretty stylin'. You can see the stellar craftsmanship and the grain alone is superb. Congrats!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You have great taste in pipes. When ever I see one of your new threads about pipes I always have to take a look.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments. I certainly am having a blast collecting again. This latest Rad, smokes as cool and dry as the others. I am still in awe that I have never needed to soak up moisture one time in any of his pipes that I own. If anyone ever is thinking of getting something new, I highly recommend getting a Rad Davis pipe. They are not inexpensive, but compared to other high line makers, they are a bargain for what you get.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ejames, I am assuming it is acrylic because I don't think you can get colors like that in vulcanite. It feels like it is at least. It is very comfortable though, very easy to clench.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
You have great taste in pipes. When ever I see one of your new threads about pipes I always have to take a look.
Well said photoman, I agree.
Very nice pipe Harris. All the elements of the pipe come together and compliment each other so well. I really like the colored inlay on the stem down near where it meets the shank. Great shape and finish of the bowl. Man I may have to go look some more but I'm about to say I never saw a Rad Davis pipe I didn't like. Enjoy!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, it does hang really well. That stem caught my eye also. As great as Rad's pipe look, they smoke even better. I am now addicted to smoking his pipes. I just got back from a half hour walk with the dogs and in this humidity, I still don't need a pipe cleaner, simply amazing. I probably sound like a broken record about the no pipe cleaner thing, but I just cannot get over it.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I love this pipe! The shape, the extension, the blast... everything is spot-on!
Some may wonder why we seek out artisan pipes. Well, here's a big reason right here.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
well now, that is such a beautiful pipe ( and sculpture). Congrats. Keep us posted with your September PADs, please. September is really the best month for gettin alot of new briars. Why... I don't have a clue. Stocking up for the winter???? :P

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, I already have my eye on a couple for September. I am still waiting on my commissioned Rad Davis, hopefully that will be here this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.