Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Welcome @nnsailor

Here are some nice Churchwarden like styles, made in France by Genod. These are a good deal…

Blue Room Briars is well known and respected too.

Last edited:
Reactions: nnsailor
Welcome! What tobaccos do you like currently? While not labelled an aromatic, Newminster 400 is a pretty pleasant taste and smell.

so far, of course captain black royal, because we had to get something available without a 120 mile drive. decent, about like I remember from back in the 00s. P&S Norwegian- which I do like- , and their vanilla and buttered rum are decent. Moontrance, which is... well, it's good. it's more of a conversation starter than a personal enjoyment. everyone really likes it and notices it, and the wife insists it's the best air freshener scent ever.

just ordered some C&D Canal Boat, MM Luminaire, and Low county Waccimaw.

Reactions: AroEnglish
Welcome @nnsailor

Here are some nice Churchwarden like styles, made in France by Genod. These are a good deal…

Blue Room Briars is well known and respected too.

I just found genod has rhodesian churchwardens (demi, really) and I love them.

larryspencer

Might Stick Around
May 12, 2009
West Texas
Welcome, from Louisa Virginia, formally from Warsaw, "the land of pleasant living". I would venture to say your down around Irvington, Kinsale, or Kilmarnock? Enjoy the forums, there is a wealth of information here.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
so far, of course captain black royal, because we had to get something available without a 120 mile drive. decent, about like I remember from back in the 00s. P&S Norwegian- which I do like- , and their vanilla and buttered rum are decent. Moontrance, which is... well, it's good. it's more of a conversation starter than a personal enjoyment. everyone really likes it and notices it, and the wife insists it's the best air freshener scent ever.

just ordered some C&D Canal Boat, MM Luminaire, and Low county Waccimaw.
Check out the Mac Baren 7 Seas line for a CB equivalent in bulk. I'm partial to 7 Seas Regular.

TakeThisCobAndStuffIt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2023
Tidewater, VA
Welcome from Hampton Roads! As one who also spends quite a bit of time on a boat i am familiar with the challenges. Note that aros smell great when smoking but I found leave a pretty good stink behind. Similarly Latakia blends taste great but usually offend the non smokers. Result is that Virginias are welcome to be smoked in/on our boat and home. No noticable residual stink if proper ventilation is employed regularly.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
If you are referring to this Genod Churchwarden, I was about to show this as well, I just thought you might like the nicer quality ones on Blue Room Briars…

This one of course on SPC is a nice pipe, at a really low price…

Yeah, I had to pull the trigger on one of those (slightly different rustication) with that price and the discount SP was giving me.

the blue room ones are really nice, but that rhodesian shape is very appealing even with the lower grade finish.

Reactions: PipeIT