6 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
12 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fairly new (this time around) pipe smoker. tried it once when I smoked cigarettes in the Navy and didn't have the time or patience (or ability to not inhale)

Wife said "I love the smell" and got me a cheap Amazon rosewood churchwarden thing which I found frustrating, so now I'm hunting cheap estate pipes to find a warden that actually smokes better. (you'd think this would be a given, but so far in the sub $150 range it's proven elusive. The cobbit I tried is very wet and gurgly in comparison. best thing I've found (though I don't like the short stem nearly as much) is actually a dinky old yello bole I got for $3)

Now I also need to hunt for some non aromatics that have a room note that works out for us both. PS Norwegian (80) seems to be working for a start.

Also, we live on a boat, so my "cellar", such as it is, is a tiny cabinet.

Ha! I think she would prefer we work towards, rather than backwards, from that.
But who knows? maybe I'll pick up something heavy and see what she and I think.

she did go into a shop and choose the PS Norwegian (small shop, about 8 non aromatic choices, also 2 hour drive each way..... the vape stores have killed whatever possibility of a local shop may have existed once upon a time)

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
The cobbit I tried is very wet and gurgly in comparison. best thing I've found (though I don't like the short stem nearly as much) is actually a dinky old yello bole I got for $3)

Now I also need to hunt for some non aromatics that have a room note that works out for us both. PS Norwegian (80) seems to be working for a start.

Also, we live on a boat, so my "cellar", such as it is, is a tiny cabinet.
Welcome from FL; great story and it sounds like a great life. That cob is a good option since they are relatively disposable and won't be eaten away by the salt air. If you're getting too much "wet" out of the cobbit, you might be too fast. Also, be careful about "estate" pipes that were used for weed. You can't know until you find the sticky resin and tar.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from a former houseboat dweller!

Please
put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome! What tobaccos do you like currently? While not labelled an aromatic, Newminster 400 is a pretty pleasant taste and smell.

As far as churchwardens go I've heard great things about these pipes but I'm not sure how much they cost:

Reactions: nnsailor