Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I only have 1 blue viscount ajustomatic with the stinger still intact. It's a decent smoker with an open draw.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I have 5 Grabows in my regular rotation all great smokers. The do as well as my mid grade pipes so I'm very happy with them.

Jul 15, 2011
For the money, its pretty hard to go wrong. I have two and really like them, both Omegas, they make awesome dedicated VA smokers. Theyre pipes that I wouldnt hesitate taking with me on a trip because if they get lost or I drop one, Im not out a huge amount of money and its really no big deal. Are they top grade? Not a chance. Are they reliable and trusty and good value if you dont care a whole lot about appearances? Absolutely.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I love mine, both estate and new! No issues that couldn't be resolved or that I haven't seen or heard about occuring on more expensive pipes as well. Including the Grabow "cousins," I've got near 30 of them. Recently acquired several DG freehands. Very nice! :puffpipe:

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
My Grabow Freehand smokes flakes better than the rest of my rotation. To my palate, anyhow. Draw is a touch tight, but I find that it actually ends up being helpful in this case. I MAY be a little attached to it though... It was my first pipe love. Virgin obsession, perhaps.
You know, turned into virgin(ia). Tasty!

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I checked and my pipe is a Lark; I was thinking It was a Viscount but it isn't. I did have an estate Omega I restored but my son "aquired" it before I even got to try it; he loves it though.

mottzilla

Lurker
Jan 24, 2013
Just got my first Grabow in the mail today, Royal Duke smooth.Being my first new pipe I was wondering how it would perform.Smoked the first half of a bowl and it didn't have any problems. Perfect size for the smoke before work.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have two Larks a straight smooth and a bent rusticated. I tend to smoke VA and VAPer blends out of them. I also have an Omega, which is a Lakeland pipe. They all smoke just fine. The finish on the Omega bubbled at one point. I ended up sanding down the pipe. It's still stained a brownish red, but the gloss coating is all gone. I actually like the way it looks more this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.