PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
One of the musical instrument distributors I used to have to call played Jerry Seinfeld standup for their hold music, it was nice. The other played Yngwie Malmsteen. That was awful.

I knew a kid when I was young, who's dad, I swear this is true, had whole albums of hold music. It's what he listened to. They had names like "Honeysuckle Dew" and "Sunbeams on the Beach." ??TataTAH tataTAH scroobly Doobie popopaWOW?? it was like a trip through hell anytime Mike's dad drove us anywhere, and is the sole reason why my dad couldn't stand the guy.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
One of the musical instrument distributors I used to have to call played Jerry Seinfeld standup for their hold music, it was nice. The other played Yngwie Malmsteen. That was awful.

I knew a kid when I was young, who's dad, I swear this is true, had whole albums of hold music. It's what he listened to. They had names like "Honeysuckle Dew" and "Sunbeams on the Beach." ??TataTAH tataTAH scroobly Doobie popopaWOW?? it was like a trip through hell anytime Mike's dad drove us anywhere, and is the sole reason why my dad couldn't stand the guy.
This guy sounds like Colin Robinson, the energy vampire!
1632520508293.png

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
yeah.

it was only a few minutes and thankfully I had some stuff to do that I could do while waiting.
So did I. When I called, I was informed that the letter was to tell you that your return had been amended regarding stimulus payments and that there was no liability to those receiving the notice. Was also told that the inclusion of audit proceedings on the letter were just a formality of all IRS notifications were there any tax payments involved.

Reactions: kcghost

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
So did I. When I called, I was informed that the letter was to tell you that your return had been amended regarding stimulus payments and that there was no liability to those receiving the notice. Was also told that the inclusion of audit proceedings on the letter were just a formality of all IRS notifications were there any tax payments involved.
I owed a tiny bit more :(, oh well.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I can’t believe you were on hold for such a short time. I spent like 90 minutes a few weeks ago only for them to disconnect me. I just submitted the paperwork the old fashioned way.

The automated system thinks it should double claim part of my income. The whole thing is a mess.