PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
Greetings All,
I'm in the market for a new, unique looking poker. I came across the brand OMS. They've got some interesting pipes. Any insight into quality, etc?
-The Doctor

james72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I've got a few OMS pipes and I smoke one or two a day. I think they're great, and the price to me is very reasonable.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
All I know is that OMS stands for One Man Smokes. And the chap responsible for them used to have a YouTube channel with some good videos. Especially good were the ones where is visits tobacco farms and films the process.
I think they are factory pipes, although it's just an assumption and they look pretty well made for the money to me and I have never heard anyone complain about them. I think it is a similar thing going on as the Dagner pipes. In fact, I think they are friends.
Having said that I have never held one in hand or smoked one so probably should not really comment on them. They are not priced crazily so I would say if you fancy it go for it and you tell us what you think ;-)

zeedoctorae

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2017
Thanks guys. So, is Cherry wood a decent wood to make a pipe out of? The pipes I'm looking at say that they are made of Cherry wood.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Thanks guys. So, is Cherry wood a decent wood to make a pipe out of? The pipes I'm looking at say that they are made of Cherry wood.
Cherry wood refers the cherry wood shape as opposed to the material even though it looks more like a poker to me. The pipe is made from briar. Italian briar specifically.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
I have a strong suspicion that OMS pipes Dagner Pipes and Morgan Bones pipes are all made by the same pipe manufactures in Itlay.

I have a Morgan Cherry wood style sitter pipe and one of my mates has a Dagner sitter pipe.

Both pipes are very similar in design and over all workmanship.

I would bet the OMS pipe will be well made and smoke well.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Just discovered their website for myself and they do look like very nice pipes. I'm highly intrigued because they look just like something I've been wanting.
Did you ever end up picking one up by chance? Now I'm curious to find out if anyone has. They're priced like a factory pipe, and likely are, but are they a good smoking pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.