OMG! An Unsmoked 1991 Dunhill for a Mere ........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
To the OP, do you really think the fine folks where this pipe is for sale don't know how to evaluate and price pipes according to their sellable value? I've seen 2 of these:

View attachment 199397
eventually get purchased. If you don't want to pay $2100.00 for the pipe in question, you don't have to. Neither would I, by the way. But I bet you dollars to donuts, somebody eventually will. That being the case, wouldn't it be silly of the seller to list the item at under market value? And if it sits there long enough and nobody buys it, they'll put it on sale, and you can snap it up at a discount.
Now this particular Dunhill, is a thing of beauty!

rotf

• Haha
Reactions: Chasing Embers

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
A 1937 Dunhill Bruyere that sold on ebay a few years ago.
I meant the real skull:
0436c5a5708a6fc1192b38f6f4ac3257-jpg.200982

Blue ridge smoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2020
North Georgia
Don't see what's wrong with the price of a Dunhill. If that's what you want and it's your money, who cares. It's all relative to your income. If you make 250k a year then a 2k pipe is no big deal. You make 40k and buy a 2k pipe, kinda foolish. Same with any luxury item you buy. People think 2k for a Dunhill is foolish, how about 100k for a Dodge.

pepperandjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2023
West Carpathian ToodleOoh
Last thing I bought was 5 tins of Rustica, so 500g should last me until next summer when it will be available again. Pipes bust my budget. So, with that understanding, at least for now, I will smoke no new pipe of peace. And the sums you guys are discussing are completely beyond me. Not saying that anyone should not spend their money anyway they choose; talking about me, and me alone.,

Reactions: Zero

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Last thing I bought was 5 tins of Rustica, so 500g should last me until next summer when it will be available again. Pipes bust my budget. So, with that understanding, at least for now, I will smoke no new pipe of peace. And the sums you guys are discussing are completely beyond me. Not saying that anyone should not spend their money anyway they choose; talking about me, and me alone.,
C'mon, you know you want it...Screenshot_20231107-232322~2.png