PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I came across this corncob pipe while on vacation in Michigan at an Antique/junk store. I haven't seen one like it before, and I don't think it's too old, but it was cheap. So how old is it? It looks like someone tried to clean it up to help sell it, but it didn't really work too well. It does have a hardwood plug, and is stamped MM Original. The stem is crappy plastic, but a lot more substantial than the new stems, and has a logo stamped on the bottom. I turned the stem around so the logo was on the top but then it didn't line up right with the shank. It also has a metal tenon that takes a standard 6mm filter. I looked for some info and the pipe logos site shows the pipe with the logo on the bottom of the stem too.
Any thoughts on its age or any other info from the cob lovers here?
22F0AEA1-04F5-42B1-861C-1356871CE316_1_201_a.jpeg
65FBCC68-02A0-4FB6-AF38-419967AFE379_1_201_a.jpeg
15EA2B96-EE7A-4A58-81F0-302E84F5432B_1_201_a.jpeg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I came across this corncob pipe while on vacation in Michigan at an Antique/junk store. I haven't seen one like it before, and I don't think it's too old, but it was cheap. So how old is it? It looks like someone tried to clean it up to help sell it, but it didn't really work too well. It does have a hardwood plug, and is stamped MM Original. The stem is crappy plastic, but a lot more substantial than the new stems, and has a logo stamped on the bottom. I turned the stem around so the logo was on the top but then it didn't line up right with the shank. It also has a metal tenon that takes a standard 6mm filter. I looked for some info and the pipe logos site shows the pipe with the logo on the bottom of the stem too.
Any thoughts on its age or any other info from the cob lovers here?
View attachment 223957
View attachment 223958
View attachment 223959
Dang, I still haven't seen a single pipe in a MI antique store. What city were you in?

Reactions: Elric

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'll just take this opportunity to pitch a current MM offering, the Zenon hardwood apple shape with a green acrylic stem and a silver-color band, in bent or straight. I bought mine on sale 15% off, but it only costs 18 USD and change plus shipping.

Great yard, travel, fishing, or rotation building pipe. Both SP and PC carry this, and other retailers, and the MM website.

Reactions: agnosticpipe