PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
The JB Hayes shop in VA has a customer who has one pipe - he bought it new in the 70's and smokes it every day. He goes through a pound of JB Hayes aromatic blend a month. His pipe was a "The Pipe", made out of aerospace (at the time) plastic.
Holy crap, I had one of those in college! Totally forgot about it. It was bright yellow, had a soft plastic bit, and the bowl was a graphite insert. Looked cool, smoked like crap, gave it to a stoner.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
Coffinmaker; can you imagine what your grandfather would have thought about us collecting pipes!
I know my grandfather would have thought me very odd to own pipes a man didn't smoke. Or own anything a man didn't use.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Your grandparents look like they were terrific people (so many photographs from this period, everyone looks so serious); love the pictures. :puffy:

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
coffinmaker, nice photos of your grandparents. Hopefully you can get a photo of the old fellow at the trash shop.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I met yesterday with that friend of mine. I took him some Erinmore Mixture mixed with C'est La Vie, he liked it a lot. Here are the pictures of his pipe as I promised:
img_6562-450x600.jpg

img_6563-450x600.jpg

img_6564-450x600.jpg

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
'tis but a scratch :wink:
Not as bad as what I thought based on the OP. Looks like there's still plenty of life left in that.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
One set of pics down, now we just need see that one from the original post!
Thanks for the pics, jvnshr.

Great pictures. I had posted a thread of pictures of some of my uncles and their pipes. It's neat to have this hobby/pastime to bind us to the past. Hopefully, we will be able to connect with future generations. I know that there are way more pictures of me and my pipes than my uncles.
I noticed with both sets of my grandparents that, the poor side had less pictures, but everyone was better able to tell me the stories of everyone. My other side had more money, more cameras and film, more pictures, but we knew less about the people in the pictures.
You are lucky to have these pictures. Congrats, and than you for sharing them with us.

coffinmaker

Can't Leave
Jan 20, 2016
The maker's mark is gone. I traded some tobacco for this shot. What a kind gent he is, very laid back, very soft spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.