PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

howdy

Lurker
Dec 30, 2023
I just started really looking at the collectible Kaywoodies, been reading a lot about them. I didn't realize just how rare some of the ones I was watching on ebay were until they were over. How long would one have to keep their eye on ebay before finding another unsmoked or excellent condition late 1930s Kaywoodie? I'm finding that this era's Kaywoodies were particularly beautiful.
Also interested to hear any other thoughts on collectible Kaywoodies.

s-l1600.jpg

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I may have the largest or close to it Kaywoodie collection now. Nice to see this post. It’s a beauty! I’m working on putting mine up on a site but I’m slow and hopefully will over the next few months. Really nice grain on that one!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I just started really looking at the collectible Kaywoodies, been reading a lot about them. I didn't realize just how rare some of the ones I was watching on ebay were until they were over. How long would one have to keep their eye on ebay before finding another unsmoked or excellent condition late 1930s Kaywoodie? I'm finding that this era's Kaywoodies were particularly beautiful.
Also interested to hear any other thoughts on collectible Kaywoodies.

s-l1600.jpg
I’m glad folks collect unsmoked pipes, but it’s not for me.
So far I’ve got less than 10 Kaywoodies, but the only one that’s newer than mid-late fories, is a Campus White Briar (and it’s the only one bought unsmoked), oldest is ‘29-‘30 vintage.
All get enjoyed as intended. I doubt I’d ever pay what the market is getting when early Kaywoodies appear, because I’d smoke it very soon after receiving it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattRVA

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
So far I’ve got less than 10 Kaywoodies, but the only one that’s newer than mid-late fories, is a Campus White Briar (and it’s the only one bought unsmoked), oldest is ‘29-‘30 vintage.
All get enjoyed as intended. I doubt I’d ever pay what the market is getting when early Kaywoodies appear, because I’d smoke it very soon after receiving it.
Me too. I have had several unsmoked Kaywoodies from different decades but I always smoke them. The prices are crazy sometimes but I get it because I do love Kaywoodies.

howdy

Lurker
Dec 30, 2023
I have a very similar Kaywoodie, 1930’s, similar shape, but Super Grain rather than Flame Grain. Mine was not unsmoked however, but remains in very good condition. Cool pipe!
Beautiful! And yes, same shape number as the one I posted. Really wish I hadn't missed out bidding on it.

There are people who buy pipes with the intention of not smoking them? Where's the enjoyment in that?

Reactions: Sobrbiker