PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fishmansf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
In my opinion, though not a straight burley blend, OJK has the all time nuttiest most full bodied burley flavor of any blend (including Burley Flake). This makes it a hell of a blend to smoke during the Autumn time.
Note picked up: nutty(Walnut?), Mushroom, Leather, Cedar, Slight floral note (probably from the virginia), roasted coffee, campfire.
Beware the nicotine content! I am a nicotine heavyweight, using high nicotine snus on a daily basis and this blend sends my head into a spin. If you're nic sensitive, beware. I am surprised that this blend doesn't seem to be talked about among burley enjoyers!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
In my opinion, though not a straight burley blend, OJK has the all time nuttiest most full bodied burley flavor of any blend (including Burley Flake). This makes it a hell of a blend to smoke during the Autumn time.
Note picked up: nutty(Walnut?), Mushroom, Leather, Cedar, Slight floral note (probably from the virginia), roasted coffee, campfire.
Beware the nicotine content! I am a nicotine heavyweight, using high nicotine snus on a daily basis and this blend sends my head into a spin. If you're nic sensitive, beware. I am surprised that this blend doesn't seem to be talked about among burley enjoyers!
Definitely my favorite burley blend. 1 of my regular smokes. Just finished a number of bowls with my morning dark roast coffee.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The original blend is strong indeed, but it has been central to my rotation from time to time. Now it comes in different strengths and proportions, so if you want something milder, you can have that too. C&D is the blender that rediscovered burley as something other than a codger or over-the-counter blending leaf. C&D did for burley what McClellands did for Virginias. Billy Budd, Tuggle Hall, Stratfordshire, etc., so many good premium burley based or inclusive blends.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
Definitely want to give it shot!! Seems popular on the what are you smoking thread as well! Haven't had a mostly burley mix yet. Have some 5 brothers on the way.

Reactions: Hutch Piper