PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I stick with Bics now. Dropped my Old Boy the day I bought it, and now it leaks fuel. Drop a Bic and it still works.

Never doubt the durability of a Bic.

Has any one of you guys had one of these fancy lighters go through the wash. Im sure at some point this would happen to me, if I had one.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I have the Peterson lighter...
To be honest, I wanted an old boy but I found the Peterson NIB for $40 and I have not been disappointed whatsoever. If I remember correctly, the Peterson Lighter is made by Tsubota Pearl in Japan and is quality. If all the prices are currently equal (or if money is of not issue to you), I would get the Old Boy as is known quality. But if there is a substantial savings on the Peterson, know that it is a quality made lighter and will not let you down.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
My Old Boy is pre-Japanese manufacture. I had misplaced it for several years, tried lighting it and voila, perfect light immediately. None of my other lighters would perform as well. There, now I jinxed myself! One of my smarter purchases over the 15 or so years of intermittent pipe smoking!

someguyfawkes

Lurker
Apr 15, 2019
I love my Kiribi. I also have a Sarome which is also made in Japan and it’s a great lighter as well.
http://www.sarome.com/products/lighter/pipe/

Status
Not open for further replies.