PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badgercat

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2011
Im very interested in looking at and collecting samples from old (1870s-1920s)American Pipe Companies. I have a Couple of William Demuth Co. pipes and one Consolidated Pipe. Any ideas for other pipe companies? Maybe other cob pipe companies? Please post photos if you have them.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
There were some very early Kaywoodies made at the end of your time period (though I don't know if it's even possible to find them, much less what they would cost), plus earlier pipes by KBB, the parent company. WDC is the only other I know of, which is a good start.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
badgercat, welcome to Forums. I hope you will share the information from your research with Forums.

Most members here, I hope it's fair to say, post mostly about pipes currently available on a fairly broad

basis, whether estate or new. Focus tends to be on standard U.S. pipes still in production -- Dr. Grabow,

Kaywoodie, Missouri Meerschaum, and Benton, among them. Some of the smaller manufacturers are

difficult to trace or pin down, in terms of when and where they were made. Please keep us posted.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome to the forum, badgercat.
The Summer 2013 issue of Pipes and Tobacco Magazine had an extensive article about early American, French, and British Pipe makers. I am sure this might be able to help you out. You can order a copy from their website.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Take a look here-- http://pipedia.org/wiki/Pipe_Brands_/_Makers#United_States . Very large lists of American pipe companies,past and present.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a Jelling's Zulu. I think they were made in Jersey City or Newark, NJ.

Good luck in your quest; it sounds like an interesting project.

Status
Not open for further replies.