PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
New Pipe smoker. Tahlequah, OK. About 30minutes(ish) from Tulsa.
Wallbright, it sounds like you may be out my direction.

docgarr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 25, 2010
How is the development of the club coming along? You might want to consider at some point of joining the United Pipe Clubs of America. See their website at http://unitedpipeclubs.org.

Jan 13, 2012
Sorry to be late to the party, but found this post while googling for a Tulsa area pipe club or dinner. Most of my pipe smoking buddies have given up the pleasurable habit. Any of you know of any clubs starting in Tulsa, or is there any interest in starting one. I'm up for it. It'll give me an excuse to get my smoking jacket refitted or maybe even get a new one.
P.S. wallbright I grew up in a little town near W. Siloam known as Colcord (pronounced call-cord). Colcord High School class of '96. Don't know if you're familar with it. I get back out that way every couple of months to see the family in W. Siloam. Let me know if you want to get together for a smoke sometime.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
I live out in Harrah, near 44th and Dobbs. Looks like I'm about a year late.......

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
cool...close but no cigar for me..I live in Fort Smith,,too far to drive for a bowl.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
Wow this is a pretty old post but maybe we can get it going again. Im located in the OKC metro and a new pipe smoker. I got my first pipe just a few months ago. When I came to work and told the guys about my new hobby I was surprised to find several closet pipe smokers. Well they all came out of the closet and several others wanted to get a pipe of their own to get on board. The result was a day trip to several OKC smoke shops. We enjoyed sampling the differant tobacco flavors and watching our friends buy thier first pipes. We lounged around in a smoking room for a while then went to a nearby pub for lunch and a few drinks. It was such a good time we are aiming for a monthly meeting. We have started a pipe club and call ourselves "The Shanks" (as in pipe shanks). I dont know how far it will get off the ground but anyone interested is invited to come along. I'll list the next meeting time on this forum (I guess thats OK???)when the time and location is set. It should be in the next few weeks. Enjoy!

bucknuts17

Lurker
Feb 23, 2012
Tulsa pipe club meets at Fogue and Bates 1st and 3rd sunday of the month 1:30 to 5:30 everyone welcome lots of baccy and conversation

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
At bailey331, I am pretty new to pipe smoking myself and I live in oklahoma city to, please to post your tomes for meeting up I have a few friends who mostly smoke cigs but I am trying to get them to switch exclusively to pipe like me. So we can all try to convince them together.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
Hello again guys. Drummerjay made contact with me about 6 weeks ago, come to find he lives a couple miles from me. We;ve been hooking up once a week or so. After meeting and talking, I'm sure I can speak on his behalf that we'd be interested in a get together with anyone else in the area. Any of you OKC fellas interested in hooking up?

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
Or rather, anyone that wants to make it to the OKC area, didn't mean to exclude anyone!

tuckersgpa

Lurker
May 4, 2012
I just joined and am glad to see OKC and OK smokers popping up. Would like to have a forum for us Okies. Is this the one?

okcjeep

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Hey. I'm a new pipe smoker and I live in Moore, OK. Let's don't let this blog die. Any of you all want to get together sometime and smoke a bowl and talk about how we're gonna solve the worlds problems? It would be fun to see what everyone else has and smokes and learn some tips and make some new acquaintances. After all, if ya smoke a pipe, the skeeters leave you alone!

okcjeep

Lurker
Aug 4, 2012
Maybe we could meet in a central location in the Metro like Drew's Tobacco World on SE 44th about a quarter mile east of I-35.

kelp

Lurker
Aug 9, 2012
Makers would had been an excellent place to hold a meetup/club. Too bad it closed, I really enjoyed that place...

aramis

Lurker
Aug 29, 2012
Hey guys I am new to pipe smoking and was looking for a few people to hang out and smoke. I saw some stuff in older posts. What are some times and places that you guys are meeting and I'll try to to make it out.

pipeandfedora

Lurker
Sep 4, 2012
I just moved to the Edmond area and would like to connect with some fellow pipe smokers locally. Please let me know if you have an active meeting (when & where).
If there isn't a regular group meeting, I'd be glad to take the initiative to get it off the ground. Some have mentioned Drews. I also know the Tobacco Exchange has a couple stores in the area with smoking rooms. Perhaps we could start at one of those to at least to plan out some next steps.
Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.