PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynomart513

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
Hey!

I’m Ryan from Hamilton, oh. I’ve been reading the forums for probably a year now and wanted to join the action in the community. I’ve been smoking a pipe on and off since 2005 but have dove deeply back into the hobby a few years ago. I’ve tried to recruite friends and neighbors to the hobby but it seems the best community in my area is online. My favorite pipes tend to be castello’s Peterson’s and a local pipe maker in Ohio named RC sands who takes up a majority of my rack. My favorite tobaccos are va/per blends, English, and by request of my wife some Boswell aromatics. I’m looking forward to future discussions with you all in the forum!
-Ryan

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Welcome fellow Ohioan, from Toledo here. Have a few smokers up here, but most just want to be left alone with their pipe. One club in town but they don't meet much.

rynomart513

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks for the welcome!

I found an actual pipe shop in a Cincinnati suburb on the way home from work one day. I decided to stop in on a Saturday and met some nice people that said they hang out at the shop on saturdays. Not a pipe club officially but a nice little place to smoke indoors and shoot the shit.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Welcome Ryan, I'm from Lima north of you. I believe there are 2 good B&Ms in Cinci. One I think is Strauss And the other is Carrosel?? Might want to look into them...

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Welcome Ryan! I'm just north of Columbus. R.C. (Chuck) Sands is a friend, and a regular at our Calabashterds pipe club meetings. I'm a Castello fan as well!

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Welcome to the forum! I’m from the Steubenville (east, on the river) area. No B&Ms here, have to head towards Pittsburgh or use the Internet.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome!
Closest I've been to Ohio is Pittsburgh.
I've never tried any Boswell's stuff. What's your favorite?
jay-roger.jpg

hoppes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2017
Born and raised in Ohio. Went to school in Cincinnati. Strauss Bros. was downtown. Smoked a lot of their Private Stock.

Hoppes

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I've never tried any Boswell's stuff. What's your favorite?
Are you asking Ryan or anyone? I've only had the English blends and very much like Northwoods, but they're all good. I think Magnum Blend is a close second.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Welcome! I'm in Dayton and you're always welcome to stop by for a smoke at my place.

rynomart513

Lurker
Nov 26, 2018
Weezell- I just checked out carousel last weekend and it’s pretty great. Small with a lot of charm. I have not been to Strauss in a long time.
Tschrialdi- that’s cool you know chuck. We’ve spoken on the phone quite a bit but have never met in person. He’s a good dude and a killer pipe maker.
Jaytex969- so far the only Boswell tin I’ve cracked open is the Christmas cookie. I like it. Not goopy and didn’t taste like chemicals. The next two I’m going to try are pipers pleasure and no bite delight.
Hoppes- I think the last Strauss blend I tried was losantiville.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Eltice, where at, exactly? My mother's side is from Toronto. The men on her side all worked for Weirton Steel.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Columbus here. Welcome to the forum. If you haven't made it to the North American Society of Pipe Collectors show which takes place in Columbus (well Dublin) the end of august every year, I would recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.