PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My wife has never complained about my clothes, but I hit my jacket with fabreze from time to time, just to be courteous. My wife is a non-smoker.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
Good luck with it. I don't know that I've heard of very many people who prefer the smell of a cigar to a pipe.
Sadly I haven't got any advice for you. I'm apparently I'm just a weak pussified man since I smoke outside, out of respect for my wife's wishes. I guess I just don't have my own manlihood as well (and I assume as frequently) in hand as some.

• Haha
Reactions: f4phantomdriver

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Yeah that is wierd, just teh opposite here. If I smoke a cigar I have to strip before entering the house. In the garage, I'm not puting on a show here.

bailey331

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2012
1: Smoking Jacket/ sweater / hoodie / whatever. I'got two alternating. One in laundry, one on my chair in my office. When smoking, don the zip-up fleece.
I second Mic. I wear a light flanel shirt when I smoke my Pipe. Not because Stacy is yelling about the smell but out of consideration to her.

maduroman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 15, 2010
tell her to shut up and deal with it. the only way she will be happy is if you don't smoke at all.

chops

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2011
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
Haha! Oh some of these responses are hilarious.
I agree with those that say it sounds more like a 'hang-up' of the idea of pipe smoking. My wife is a non smoker and therefore is sensitive to the smell. As you say you also have clients to deal with so I would repeat what some others say and use a jacket or outer garment that will help cut down the smell. I find that being out in the air and wearing a jacket that I use mainly for working outside and smoking helps a lot.

alingeorgia

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
My wife would rather have me smoking a pipe than anything else. She thinks it just smells good. I smoke Mac Baren Black Ambrosia. I smoke cigs, too but not so much anymore. I grew up with pipe smoke and so have the women in my life, down to my grandma that just turned 100 yrs. It may be a vestige of the past, but you gotta let men be men. Last time I looked, we let the women be women.

Status
Not open for further replies.