PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My college buddy was my best man at my first marriage to my late wife. I asked him to be the best man when I remarried after ten years as a widower, but he couldn't make it. My brother-in-law, who knew both my late parents, kindly obliged. Time can be tough, but it is fascinating to stick around, if you can, and see what happens.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
High school was like prison to me. You kept your mouth shut, did your time and, someday, they let you out. Per Brautigan, my teachers could have easily ridden with Jesse James for all the time they stole from me.
The irony here is that, 50 years after they let me out, the girlchild and her husband are now both teachers in that same school. The girlchildgrand has also walked those halls as a student and I have 2 boychildgrands not far behind her.
A few years ago, I walked back into that building for the girlchildgrand's first volleyball game. Walking past my old homeroom was like walking into your parents house once they've passed. You realize quickly how empty it seems and that there is nothing to keep you there anymore.
Upshot....I won't be going back to empty voices in empty rooms.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I was fortunate enough to have enjoyed high school, at least the social part. I wasn’t a jock, one of the straight A kids, or the popular ones. Our class had about 265 members, and had a reunion every 5 years after the 10th, until what should have been the 45th. The gal who always headed them up developed health issues and moved to Arizona. We did have a 50th, put together at almost the last minute by a couple of gals who still lived in our hometown.
This year was our 55th, but no one put a gathering together. Perhaps coincidently, however, our school is 125 years old this year and there is an all class celebration next month, which I plan to attend, and, hopefully see some of my old (in more ways than one) friends.
I picked up the pipe about 6 months after this, my high school graduation picture, was taken. I also wasn't fortunate enough to be one of the good looking kids like Banjo apparently was.
senior-529x600.jpg

This was taken with my wife at our 50th reunion. Still not as good looking as Banjo...
judy-and-fred-3-600x414.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.