PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
I've been smoking both quite a bit lately. I will have to give the nod to....SSF.....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a really good one. My Weaver tulip is dedicated to it. Have you tried G L Pease's Sixpence? A near flavor match. I prefer the DF forward ODF, but SSF incorporates the DF nicely and it melds well into the blend.
img_20140218_114931.jpg

erhardt85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Old Dark Fired is my favorite blend right now. I just purchased five pounds of it recently just in case the apocalypse comes. Jk haha. What a beautiful smoke, though. The only thing that turns me off about silver flake is the lack of options. I'm looking forward to trying it soon but the lack of a one pound option hurts. Solani blends will remain a wonderful treat for me when I'm looking for something highly sophisticated. It's hard to deny they have some amazing blends.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sixpence like ODF??? Nothing alike in my opinion.
I said
Solani Silver Flake?
Derek replied
YES.........
Then I said
That's a really good one. My Weaver tulip is dedicated to it. Have you tried G L Pease's Sixpence? A near flavor match.
Just mentioned it because you can get a pound of it for nearly the same cost as 9 ounces of Silver Flake and they are very similar. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.