PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry144

Might Stick Around
May 2, 2021
Yes. I just use a drop or two of butcher block conditioner, which is just food grade mineral oil & bees wax. Works great & it's cheap.
OK that seems like a great idea! I actually have some of that around the shop somewhere. Thanks!

Reactions: BROBS

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
There's plenty of it in the kitchen cupboard :)
Does it not go rancid, like olive oil ?
Obsidian oil is quite expensive and what is it actually made of ?
When it comes to protecting our stems from UVA damage vitamine E does a good job too .
It can be obtained in capsules.
Obsidian oil is made and sold by member @hauntedmyst. The exact formula is a trade secret but he has said that it's made of food grade materials, does not contain mineral oil and does contain a UV protectant. I use it and like it. I apply it with a pipe cleaner and a little goes a long way. I use it after every smoke and I've still 2/3rds of a bottle left after over 2 years.

eslavs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 19, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
I just recently purchased a bottle of Obsidian oil and used it for the first time this weekend on some fairly oxidized stems. Made a huge difference right off the bat - without going through any process of getting rid of whatever oxidation was there. I thought of trying mineral oil mostly because I thought it was essentially the same thing but now after reading this post know otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.