PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
i know its the same here too! so it must be the "other" pipe smokers snagging all the pipes on trade me. 8O

or they collect them,

danieldlye

Lurker
Sep 13, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Well here's one more NZ pipe smoker coaxed from the woodwork. I'm up in Auckland too however.I've recently started posting on Youtube encouraged by 41DegreesSouth and TheoGeekNZ. Username is sig89746 catchy I know....

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Hi Daniel, great to see more kiwis on here. USA is playing Russia in the Rugby World Cup at the moment. It's the cold war, only no missiles! :lol:

phildyer

Lurker
Jun 19, 2013
Hi guys. I'm sorry this is a bit off topic. I live in Wellington New Zealand. I don't smoke but enjoy the occasional cigar. I'm wondering if I would also enjoy a pipe. I have recently found my Dads old pipe so I have the equipment, but I have no idea about tobacco; ideally what should I get to recreate that same smooth full flavor I enjoy in cigars, and secondly, what is commonly available in New Zealand? Any help for this newbie greatly appreciated.
Regards, Phil

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
So this may be an old thread but it seems like the best place to put my hand up for the call for New Zealand pipe smokers. Born and bred in Hamilton, I only started pipe smoking a couple of months ago but I don't think I'll stop any time soon :D

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
Welcome lordape! I'm in New Plymouth great to hear there are some more of us around. :puffy:

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks :) I have only seen one other person around town with a pipe. An elderly gent who was lighting up something that smelled amazing as he was crossing the road. If I hadn't been driving at the time, I would have stopped him to have a chat :P

kiwiazz74

Lurker
Jun 26, 2018
ill be a member i'm in timaru hoping to get back to christchurch.

i think the logistics of an acutal meeting of people pipe club will be real difficult but an online one could work.
if we started a facebook page for a nz club it would also include overseas smokers too so maybe not so small of a group.
but like most fb pages in nz we would have to keep on top of the trolls, there is thousands here and is why i dont join nz based pages anymore.
thoughts gents???

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
It was mentioned that the Forum might get a platform upgrade later this year so I sent some suggestions to Kevin which would possibly allow better communication at the pipe club level. I’m not sure if they are technically feasible but I think an improvement here on the forum is better than using Facebook. So maybe wait and see.
I am going to try and catch up with Derhammer in Christchurch in a couple of weeks. Will probably be a week night. I can keep you in the loop if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.