PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
I have often wondered how many 7 year olds wander into a tobacconist to buy a Plug of Super Doo Hickey Whizz Bang Pipe tobacco as they casually finger their Comoy pipe whilst displaying a pack of Dill Pipe cleaners in their blazer jacket pocket! I didn't buy my first 1 oz cube of Condor until I was at least 14 years old. I would love Prohibition. The money that could be made would be life changing and personally I would find the challenge of out smarting Uncle Sam to be very refreshing.
Exactly, it's such an absurd scenario. You buying pipe tobacco, Condor no less, at 14 is already an anomaly. I've heard of people starting pipes as young as 16, but only people who are old enough to remember when it was more popular and they could've easily sneaked some of their grandpa's Velvet or Granger

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
People need to be forced to LIVE their political beliefs. If you vote for someone whose platform is "public health" and "social good" you only have yourself to blame.
I totally agree, and when those political beliefs become too much to bare, they should stay their ass in the state they turned into their political belief shit hole. But nooooo, they move to another state and start the process all over again.

From today’s New York Post:

“What is your opinion about a policy that would end the sale of all tobacco products in New York within 10 years?”

Click here.
Interesting - I believe Hochul (and others) has proposed banning gas appliances in new construction...so...tobacco...not a big surprise. I wonder how much stock she holds in solar and "so called clean" electric? OH well, more proposed govt overreach. In the long run, if they get their way, we will all be kept from danger in big plastic bubbles, hooked up to feeding apparatus and powering the matrix. It's for our own good after all.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Exactly, it's such an absurd scenario. You buying pipe tobacco, Condor no less, at 14 is already an anomaly. I've heard of people starting pipes as young as 16, but only people who are old enough to remember when it was more popular and they could've easily sneaked some of their grandpa's Velvet or Granger
I was 17 and didn't know any pipe smokers.

Reactions: Zamora
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
And, pot being made into gummies and actual candy, for God's sake. I also have a problem with flavored alcohol beverages, like those lemon aid malt liquors, Fireball, cherry, strawberry, candy flavored Seagrams. If bubblegum vapes and vanilla cigars and turning kids on to smoking, then peach daiquiris are turning kids on to drinking. And, I don't even know what to say about pot chocolates.
Why pick on just tobacco? Remove the flavorings from everything we don't want kids to have.
Does that apply to edible undies? Condoms?

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
And, pot being made into gummies and actual candy, for God's sake. I also have a problem with flavored alcohol beverages, like those lemon aid malt liquors, Fireball, cherry, strawberry, candy flavored Seagrams. If bubblegum vapes and vanilla cigars and turning kids on to smoking, then peach daiquiris are turning kids on to drinking. And, I don't even know what to say about pot chocolates.
Why pick on just tobacco? Remove the flavorings from everything we don't want kids to have.
Where do Tide Pods fall in all of this? :col:

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
Alcohol prohibition was done at a national level. A total ban on tobacco would not stand the inevitable law suit.
Recent decisions regarding gun regulation hinged on the concept of "common use" historically. I suspect that a similar metric would applied.

Reactions: keith929 and Zamora

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Alcohol prohibition was done at a national level. A total ban on tobacco would not stand the inevitable law suit.
Recent decisions regarding gun regulation hinged on the concept of "common use" historically. I suspect that a similar metric would applied.
Prohibition taught politicians that they can't outright ban stuff that's already legal, so now they implement a death by a thousand cuts approach. A tax hike here, a few years later a tax hike there, and so on