PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Nice pipe! I prefer those bowl dimensions for latakia blends, myself.
I hope you enjoy!
Thanks! I am still in the courting phase with latakia blends right now. I enjoy Black Frigate, but only every now and again. I tried Gaslight again after initially hating it and thoroughly enjoyed it...for a latakia blend. I am not sure if I will make that a latakia pipe. We shall see. Maiden voyage may take some time. It is so hard for me to smoke nicer pipes.

Thanks! I am still in the courting phase with latakia blends right now. I enjoy Black Frigate, but only every now and again. I tried Gaslight again after initially hating it and thoroughly enjoyed it...for a latakia blend. I am not sure if I will make that a latakia pipe. We shall see. Maiden voyage may take some time. It is so hard for me to smoke nicer pipes.
I'm not a latakia expert by any means, but I do enjoy some in the colder months. You've been playing with some rather unique latakia blends. Gaslight is a lat bomb, and Black Frigate is a rather musty smoke. Maybe try a classic Balkan blend, like Hearth and Home's WhiteKnight or GLPs Black Point or Abington. Or not, ha ha. Just offering a few balanced Balkans, but I also use my pot-shaped pipes for classic burleys also.

Reactions: ChonkyTonks

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I'm not a latakia expert by any means, but I do enjoy some in the colder months. You've been playing with some rather unique latakia blends. Gaslight is a lat bomb, and Black Frigate is a rather musty smoke. Maybe try a classic Balkan blend, like Hearth and Home's WhiteKnight or GLPs Black Point or Abington. Or not, ha ha. Just offering a few balanced Balkans, but I also use my pot-shaped pipes for classic burleys also.
I did like Arango Balkan Supreme once and really liked it. I will dig that out today and give it another try.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I am beginning to branch out a bit with the shape of pipe that I use. I normally use pipes that are full bent, but this one stood out to me. The bowl is more shallow, but wide. It is smaller than it looked, but I am happier knowing it is. I have not yet smoked it, but I assume it will be brilliant.

BriarWorks Classic Crimson Sandblasted

View attachment 179064
weird. I prefer bents but have lately been feeling an urge to get a classic straight 1950's father billiard.

Reactions: ChonkyTonks

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
I am beginning to branch out a bit with the shape of pipe that I use. I normally use pipes that are full bent, but this one stood out to me. The bowl is more shallow, but wide. It is smaller than it looked, but I am happier knowing it is. I have not yet smoked it, but I assume it will be brilliant.

BriarWorks Classic Crimson Sandblasted

View attachment 179064
Prince is the best shape and therefore my favorite. You'll love it. Good looking pipe, too. Enjoy!