PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartoon

Might Stick Around
Jan 8, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

I hate when this happens!
For the past couple of days, I have been smoking from a tin of limited edition Squadron Leader with Perique. I’m hooked!
I finally have found a tobacco that I crave all the time. And even though it isn’t an aromatic, it smells sweet to me.
But of course, this isn’t something I can order a bunch of, and ride into the sunset enjoying my pipe for the days to come.

so now what?
from those who know more and have tried lots, what is something that tastes the same as this particular blend of squadron leader with Perique? I read nightcap but haven’t tried yet.
Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
But of course, this isn’t something I can order a bunch of, and ride into the sunset enjoying my pipe for the days to come.
Sign up for availability notifications. It's been offered a few times over the past five years.

Reactions: Zartoon

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
I, too, am a fan of what I call SL+. I understand that the original Squadron Leader had perique so it appears the limited edition is the traditional version.

I would add some perique to regular Squadron Leader, or Presbyterian and let it marry a bit.

And, I was sent some Squadron Leader with Perique from a retailer and it was dented in shipment so I wasn't charged. PM me your address and I'll send you a tin.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I, too, am a fan of what I call SL+. I understand that the original Squadron Leader had perique so it appears the limited edition is the traditional version.

I would add some perique to regular Squadron Leader, or Presbyterian and let it marry a bit.

And, I was sent some Squadron Leader with Perique from a retailer and it was dented in shipment so I wasn't charged. PM me your address and I'll send you a tin.
Wait..what..!! If the tin is dented you can return/exchange it? I guess it may break the seal, therefore it's not fresh, but I didn't know you could send it back. Nice to know and that's some awesome customer service!

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I found it to be special and have two unopened tins. Hopefully they will offer it again this year, I will pick up a couple more and crack one of the two from last year. Now if they really wanted to make me happy they would offer it in 250g boxes.

Reactions: BROBS

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
I like it too. My favorite "English" actually. The last time it was available, SP notified people who'd purchased it previously to let them know it was in stock. The purchase transaction was outside the normal "check-out" loop. That is to say: If you want some, you'll probably have to put in a notification request on their website. The next batch may never come to the attention of the public.

grumpyoltroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 14, 2018
I like it too. My favorite "English" actually. The last time it was available, SP notified people who'd purchased it previously to let them know it was in stock. The purchase transaction was outside the normal "check-out" loop. That is to say: If you want some, you'll probably have to put in a notification request on their website. The next batch may never come to the attention of the public.

I'm 262 on the list for notification.

Status
Not open for further replies.