PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Visited Mission Pipes in Pleasanton CA and gave their Chaparral a try in a KW author. This is a flake with a smidgen of Latakia in light VA. Sort of like McClelland Anniversary, with less tang and less Lat. Very nice.
hp

les

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Another from my pilgrimage to Mission Pipe in Pleasanton: Yosemite, a light VA flake with a touch of vanilla. Very nice, and somehow it's more a Danish/German style than McClelland. I'm wondering what they started off with, assuming they added the vanilla to a bulk base flake from maybe Lane or Altadis. It's very nice in a Pete 999 PLip. This is one I'll have to try as a morning starter blend.
hp

les

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
To kick off the Holiday Season, I had McClelland Holiday Spirit 2011 in my Bjarne Viking bent dublin. The cocoa was predominant for the first quarter-bowl, followed by a nutty flavor to round out the first half. The last half consisted of a nice, slightly sweet, tobacco flavor. One thing that the blend suffers from is excess moisture when first opened. I'm drying some overnight tonight to see if that improves it any...
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.