Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I vote for the 1946 to 1964 as the boomer birth years, since the start of the baby boom was post World War II, when military men came home from the war and started families with their war brides or women they met soon after. I was among the premier class in '46; my dad was a WWII vet, and my life was all boomer, until I served in the military during Vietnam, which split me off culturally from the rest of the majority of baby boomers. Vietnam vets had a different experience than the rest of their "class." My older sister was a war baby, and rode the train with my mom across the U.S. to be with my dad before he shipped out to the Pacific, and her experience was distinct from the boomer group, culturally between the folks generation and the boomers.

• Love
Reactions: LikeDadDid

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The guy thinks the baby boomer generation started in 1949 is smoking dope.
I vote for the 1946 to 1964 as the boomer birth years, since the start of the baby boom was post World War II, when military men came home from the war and started families with their war brides or women they met soon after.
Yes, obviously '46 makes perfect sense, and is apparently the "official" year that was settled on.

Why the persistent references to '49 over the years, I have no idea.

Reactions: kcghost
I've had two different things happen to me, which if I am not misunderstanding you, is similar.
I was notified that someone quoted me, but when I went to it, my name was in the reply, but what was said was said by someone else.
I've also had the exact opposite happen. I think that when a poster starts off quote someone, then erases and wants to quotes someone else instead, this happens. No biggie.

Right now my notification thingy says that I have 26 alerts, but when I click on the alert bell, I don't have any. I then click to see them all, but none have been missed. I click the "mark all" thing, it still says that I have 26. This seems to change daily, ha ha. It was perplexing when it started. Now, I just ignore it.

Reactions: niblicck
Status
Not open for further replies.