Nothing But a Bunch of Reactionaries Here!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Administrator
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
It's always great to be a part of a conversation about something you enjoy and it's even better to be able to converse with people and explore ideas as well as differences in opinion. The notification I wish I could turn off but has not been invented yet is the one that would make a post invisible to certain individuals who either think they are Carly Simon - "I bet you think this post is about you" or can't stand living without dogging someone who disagrees with them and who literally doesn't give a shit about them or think about them ever but just like gravity, seems to attract them no matter what. If. you disagree with someone, ignore them. The function is clearly a part of this forum.
What a great idea ! 👍

Reactions: telescopes

The Amish Tyrant

Administrator
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Sometimes it’s just nice to see laugh emojis. At least with a laugh emoji, I know they “got” the joke.
I'm generally not big into emojis, but give a "like" to posts I agreed with, actually like, like either the pipe or tobacco, or to acknowledge I read a post/response.

However, your post provides sound reason to use the laugh emoji.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
It is always nice to see responses to posts. There is no doubt that social media is a bit narcissistic and masturbatory, but getting responses lets you know that your missives are resonating, and that folks are either enjoying them or pissed off at you. So although it's reassuring to log in and see "12" or "32" on the notifications, it's even nicer to see when those responses are quotes/replies. Then you know that you are promoting real conversation, not just screaming into the void of space,

When it's all just "reacted". and no "quoted" I find myself complaining to myself "Just a bunch of reactionaries here!"

Reactions: woodsroad

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm generally not big into emojis, but give a "like" to posts I agreed with, actually like, like either the pipe or tobacco, or to acknowledge I read a post/response.

However, your post provides sound reason to use the laugh emoji.
There's a lot of posts where someone said basically the same thing I would say so I just give it a like.

"Responsive" & "Reactive" combined.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
It is always nice to see responses to posts. There is no doubt that social media is a bit narcissistic and masturbatory, but getting responses lets you know that your missives are resonating, and that folks are either enjoying them or pissed off at you. So although it's reassuring to log in and see "12" or "32" on the notifications, it's even nicer to see when those responses are quotes/replies. Then you know that you are promoting real conversation, not just screaming into the void of space,

When it's all just "reacted". and no "quoted" I find myself complaining to myself "Just a bunch of reactionaries here!"
I gave you a love emoji.
There you go.