Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I guess today is not meant to be a pipe smoking day for me. Maybe there is some kind of weird body chemistry going on with me today.
I smoked a bowl of Hearth & Home Trout Stream in a Armellini pipe and it tasted bitter almost throughout the entire bowl. The pipe was clean. I have smoked Trout Stream several times before and always enjoyed it.
An hour later I loaded up a 1920's Kaywoodie with McClelland Christmas Cheer and again, I am just tasting a bitter ash taste.
This sucks. I was really in the mood to smoke, but I am giving up until tonight. :(

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Happens sometimes, I also tried some Trout Stream this week(first time in 3 months or so) and it didn't taste the same as I remembered it....but yours could be a lack of sex. :laughat:

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Kevin: I'm betting you won't make it until tonight. As a matter of fact, I don't think you will make it past mid afternoon brother. Your pipes are like your mamma. When she calls, you come like a good puppy.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
If you are getting sick with the cold that is bouncing around the Midwest, don't worry. It only last between 6-12 weeks. Tobacco will taste better after that. That is my experience.
Winton

fatman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2011
hang tuff Brother. If its the crud, drown that crap in Scotch and viva le pipe! Hope ya get better soon.

toyman01

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
I vote for the crud as well. I came down with it Saturday. It isn't worth wasting the tobacco in the pipe. I might as well be smoking lawn clipping. I can't wait for it to be over.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
My cold ONLY lasted two weeks. Usually, I'm through a cold in five days tops, but this one was a real bitch. I hope you just had an "off" day and not that Zombie cold, Kevin.
-Jason

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
Kev I feel for you.Its hard as hell for me when I get a cold being immuno-suppressed and all.As soon as I feel it coming on the wife gets me a five day Z Pack which helps it along the way.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Kevin, sometimes I get that ash taste or a bitter taste no matter what I'm smoking and it's real disapointment. But it does pass and all is good again. Here's to happy smokes to you very soon.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I am not sick ... only a little touched in the head.
Last night I smoked C&D Bayou Morning Flake and it was good.
Yesterday, the weather went from hot to cool again, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.