PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I am not gonna be too active here for who knows how long. I have a major infection in my jaw thats not geting any better it seems. I woke up with my the left side of my face numb and not being able to tast. Well smoking a pipe seems kinda moot right now cant enjoy it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Hope you get better soon! Beef up on antibiotics and have the remnants taken out, I've had that happen a few years ago and it wasn't pleasant

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I am gonna have to. It broke off at the gum line but with no ins kinda hard to afford no oral surgon takes payments.lol

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Good luck man, doesnt sound like a good time at all. Stop by every once and a while and update us.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Hahahaha I can tell ya this much it was a hell of a fight we were hired to play a local biker party and 2 rival clubs got into it one of my basses got broke I clocked the dude and his buddy got me with a bottle damn thing didnt shatter just took out a moler. sob I thought it hurt then that was nothing compaired to thursday when the infection really set in.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Thanks guys wanna talk about karma this happend 3 yrs ago 1 week after I lost my dental and prescrption covrage

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Take pure baking soda, put it in an empty tea pack and put it on the affected tooth. If there is an infection, this little concoction will help draw it out. Keep it on the area for about 10 minutes. Repeat 3 or 4 times a day. Ground up clove using the same empty pack will help with pain.
It's not an absolute solution, but it helps the body fight the infection by drawing out some of the yuck. It's something to help until you get to the dentist.
Good luck bro.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
update I just got back from the hospital the dr lanced my gums and the swolling went down some.

they gave me the name of a dentest that charges according to income.

Thank you everyone

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
That is good news. Cajunguy gives some good advice for remedy. Also a regular tea bag placed on the gum works wonders post-extraction. I had 5 pulled in one sitting and it helped a lot with the bleeding.

Ever looked into your state's Medicaid program?

Status
Not open for further replies.