PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
This is a chair side antique pipe stand. Stem down rack that should accommodate church wardens. Holes could be drilled wider for other pipes. These racks bring big bucks on the market.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
The diameter of the slots is tricky, but the height only becomes an issue if we're assuming bowl down storage. Bowl up, wouldn't really matter how tall it was. I've done some searching and found that Dinkelspiel did produce some other smoking stands and cigarette tables. This may not be for pipes at all, or it could be a Chibouk stand? 34a679a3bb643f9d8fdde619591e5ae2.jpg

KonsumerKevin

Lurker
Oct 2, 2021
Now I've confused myself. The glasses would have to be no bigger than 1/2" diameter.

So I think we're back to seeking a pic of this thing holding them, pipes, or my returned sanity.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I googled the company and it looks like they made a number of smoking related pieces of furniture. Does not mean that this is a pipe rack but it is interesting. I wonder if it might be a bowl up stem down set up, made when pipes were smaller in both bowl and shank.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Et, voilà! Verité!
C'est un accoutrement pour un pêcheur.
13. English Only

The language of the forums is English. We'll allow hellos in other languages in new member introductions, but that's it.

This also includes runes, Chinese characters, and anything similar.

This is not allowed in posts, or signatures.

Latin alphabet only.

;)

KonsumerKevin

Lurker
Oct 2, 2021
13. English Only

The language of the forums is English. We'll allow hellos in other languages in new member introductions, but that's it.

This also includes runes, Chinese characters, and anything similar.

This is not allowed in posts, or signatures.

Latin alphabet only.

;)
Won’t happen again.

I figured anybody who wanted in on the joke could use Google translate, but am more eager to be a good guest.

Anybody find a pic of this rack holding pipes?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yeah, you caught me red handed! Twas a perfect example of me not thinking, and concentrating on posting something possibly amusing....

So, mea culpa! Which is latin for "my bad"! But I think it's also an acceptable term in our language.

• Love
Reactions: beefeater33