PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Jay, I am glad you are fine.
All of a sudden I am unable to enjoy my pipe anymore, all blends seem to taste the same and it's very difficult to differentiate one from the other.
I guess that means you will be cracking more stones to picture more minerals. :wink:
All my best wishes to you, sir.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"On second thought, are you absolutely sure your not pregnant?"
Well Michael, despite sleeping with myself for 56 years I've somehow managed to avoid making myself pregnant......thanks for the concern though :puffy:
On a more serious note, it seems by consensus that it's the short course antibiotics that are causing my issues. Hopefully as suggested things will pick up over time......I sincerely hope so else my tobacco cellar becomes redundant. I had a couple of fingers of Woods 100 (57% Navy Rum) last night and it pretty much tasted as it should which bodes well.
I was also prescribed Furosemide once per morning for fluid retention..... Whether they have any bearing on things I wouldn't know but I tell you, I could now pee for England!
Dan, I already bought a finger pulse oximeter and well pleased I did. My O2 readings vary from mid eighties to mid nineties which all things considered I think is acceptable.
Here's hoping things pick up in time. Even if it's only one pipe per day, I'll be satisfied with that.
Finally, thanks for all the kind words......it's uplifting to know some folk care about a total stranger.
Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Thanks BP......the only way is up.
I forgot to mention, folks say my voice has changed since discharge from hospital and I can hear it myself.....slightly higher in pitch but softer in tone.....most odd.
Regards,
Jay.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Man ... glad you are feeling ok. Why don't you take a break? At least for the time you are on antibiotics.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Jay, check and make sure that they gave you back the correct body. The NHS has been known to make small errors like this from time to time.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I went through a long period of time when I lost my sense of taste (believed to be due to vitamin deficiencies) and have gained it back through supplementation. I take 5-MTHF (a tissue ready form of folate), Methylcobalamin (a tissue ready form of B12), SAMe, and a probiotic. This cocktail of supplements has helped me gain my sense of taste back.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Have they ascended or, are they still hanging loose?"
Warren, I expected some eagle eyed reader might query that.....be assured, everything is where it should be :puffy:
Dan, the NHS are guilty of many things (down to lack of Government funds) but my experiences with them have only been positive......just this time they appear to have robbed me of my beloved taste buds which I desperately want back.
Today I smoked a bowl each of McClelland #2015, Samuel Gawith's Westmorland Flake and a bowl of Bold Kentucky and could barely tell the difference twixt any of them....most disturbing.
On a brighter note, my glass of red wine at 5pm tasted pretty much as it should.
Regards,
Jay.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You are indeed a total stranger. But, you are our total stranger.
I do 40mg of Furosemide daily, with no side-effects. Which means absolutely nothing as you, thank God, are not me. Probably lucky for both of us.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Hope things improve for you and that everything returns to normal after your course is finished.
I know what it's like to lose your sense of taste and it's infuriating. I have always been bothered buy temperamental sinuses, suddenly they become irritated and I can't taste a thing. I have to pick my times to smoke a nice tobacco or drink a good malt. There seems to be no trigger, some days I can have multiple bowls without issue while others are a total write-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.