PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
I had the craving for vanilla. I don't know why. I'm trying to lose weight and didn't want to binge on ice cream. So, I was at the smoke shop and figured what the heck. I get nervous about Vanilla tobacco because I hadn't found one I even remotely liked. I picked a tin of Mac Baren's Vanilla Cream Flake. Holy Moly! I love this stuff! It's so tasty and makes my car smell great. You can really taste the vanilla and it hit the craving perfectly. Definitely going to get another tin of this!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
To me Vanilla Cream Flake is one of the best vanilla flavored Tobacco's on the market. Flake version is way better than the loose cut IMHO.

pipepioneer

Lurker
Jul 19, 2013
Sounds good quincy i hear its very rare for an aro to taste anything like the description of it like my cherry and vanilla one tastes nothing like either which makes you wonder why they'd name it as such =/ but it sounds like you've found a real diamond in the rough with that one!, i've also heard really good things about boswell's chocolate cream in case you suddenly find your self with that sudden urge for chocolate :puffy:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'd have to agree it's one of the best vanilla aromatics on the market. I prefer the flake over the loose cut, but both are good. It's a blend that pleases your palate as well as leaving a wonderful room note.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I enjoyed my tin of this.
I noticed the drier the tobacco got the more of a subtle spice flavor I got.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I wasn't wild about the loose cut, although I've been told the flake is better. As far as vanilla aromatics go, I do like McClelland's Vanilla Black Cavendish. Has anyone had chance to compare this with the MacBaren (the flake)?

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Hm. I do like Captain Black reg. So I'll have to give this a try. Also can't hurt adding another flake to my list.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I have 2 tins of this and also like it a ton. I bought the 2 tins to see if I'd like it. I dont taste the vanilla as much as the OP but it could be that my taste buds are still in development mode.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
@Cigr Heavenly. I smoked it in my car and it lingered. When I got back in my car it took me a minute to figure out why it smelled so good! Haha!

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
It almost feels cold in your mouth while you're smoking it. The room note is this bizarre alpha vanilla scent; it trumps all other scents.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I personally like Vanilla Cream Loose Cut MUCH better than the Flake version (which has a weird chemical afternote to me).

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
You know, there was a time when I would have laughed out loud at the thought of my trying an aro with vanilla. Not going to goop up my pipe with fufu tootie fruity.
Now, it's a new day. This will definitely be on my next TAD.
Thanks, quincy. I think.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm not a big Aro fan, but I also enjoy the occasional Vanilla Cream Flake. IMO the king of Aros. Good tobacco flavor. No goop. Good vanilla topping. Really well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.