PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To play around with word choice, I might tell someone that pipe smoking is an interest of mine. For jiminks with his breadth of knowledge and expertise on both pipes and tobacco, or sable', and a number of others, I think it would be more accurate to say this is an expertise they have. I think it goes a ways beyond a hobby. It is not the way they earn a living, but it could easily be. They have a knowledge base comparable to many in the professional pipe and tobacco business.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Why not? The Land Cruiser evolved from beat up military Jeeps this is just rural chic.?
When wool was fetching top dollar pre-WWll and sheep farmers were some of the wealthiest on the land, that was not an uncommon sight (Rolls in the paddocks)

I saw a beautifully restored Roller some years ago. The owner bought the chassis off a farmer. It had been sitting in a shed for decades

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Maybe weapon or tool. It’s one of many that help get the job done.
Reading these forum threads is becoming a hobby ... ! But I've noticed a disturbing trend ... Quality hatchet ? Pocket knife sharpening techniques ? Body disposal 101 ? :eek: I suspect the Professor Moriarty may be at the bottom of this ... it may be time to get a Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson ... ;):ROFLMAO:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Reading these forum threads is becoming a hobby ... ! But I've noticed a disturbing trend ... Quality hatchet ? Pocket knife sharpening techniques ? Body disposal 101 ? :eek: I suspect the Professor Moriarty may be at the bottom of this ... it may be time to get a Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson ... ;):ROFLMAO:
You missed deathmetal's cannibal posts.

Reactions: Hillcrest

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
See, it never fails. Someone says the word hobby, and everyone says, “sure, it’s a hobby. Except chasingembers who will drive the post into a ditch making sure everyone knows that he is different. puffy
You're illiteracy is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.