PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Wondering if anyone knows the year, value, basically anything to assist me in determining if I should keep it or not. Nording's are hard for me as they go from $30 to $200. Thanks!

The two puzzlers for me are the shield or armor looking design and it is hard to see in the picture but an S off to the side near the faded G in Nording.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Wondering if anyone knows the year, value, basically anything to assist me in determining if I should keep it or not. Nording's are hard for me as they go from $30 to $200. Thanks!

The two puzzlers for me are the shield or armor looking design and it is hard to see in the picture but an S off to the side near the faded G in Nording.
The shield looks like Tinder Box.
1650575373381.png
Possibly made for Tinder Box...just a guess.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
If I asked for photos, it most likely was in a thread about that make. I have no good grasp on what you ask.

And: The monetary value, imo, shouldn't be a big part of whether to keep it or not!
I tried to take better pictures for you. I must have failed. As far as your opinion on keeping it or not, well opinions are like ..... That is up to me or the person who wants it more than I do.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
The bowl is off center and the fit of the tenon to the mortise looks a bit off too. I figure it's worth 20 bucks with such glaring quality issues. Sell it and get a nice cob

• Haha
Reactions: Streeper541

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I tried to take better pictures for you. I must have failed. As far as your opinion on keeping it or not, well opinions are like ..... That is up to me or the person who wants it more than I do.
Those are good photos- no failure! I hope it was read as a suggestion, but I worded it too strongly. I still think that your liking the pipe or not is key, rather than its supposed market value.

Reactions: peteguy

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Nording pipe made for Tinderbox smoked… $60.00 tops.

Prices on estate pipes are fluid and vary wildly. Nording pipes are good quality pipes in general, but the bulk are lower end $100 pipes new.

Speculating on the estate pipe market can be a fun endeavor… don’t quit your day job.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
One of the odd things about the pipe is the bowl - front has almost no wall thickness while the back has huge thickness. It is hard to tell from my photos but the bowl is on an angle - a forward cant so to speak, but it is still funky to my eye. My photo has the stem a bit higher than it hangs.

Thanks for all the info - I just like discussing pipes. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wouldn't expect much re-sale value from this pipe, but it could be a good smoker, off-centered bowl drilling and all, if it doesn't offend you visually. It might make a good yard or camping pipe. I'm a little surprised it is a Nording. Some of his econo-pipes are sharply done, if not art pieces. I have an old Eriksen of his that is solid and symmetrical.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and peteguy