PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
And missing it a great deal. But got my cancer stick going. Sick of it now. But just can't smoke pipe now. It's not that I don't have access to pipe or tobacco. It's just that I'm in-between the houses and don't feel comfortable smoking when this "move" thing is still going on. Just don't feel relaxed. It's strange that vape and cigarettes don't bother me, but I feel like I have to have some solid comfort for pipe. Rather strange.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
And missing it a great deal. But got my cancer stick going. Sick of it now. But just can't smoke pipe now. It's not that I don't have access to pipe or tobacco. It's just that I'm in-between the houses and don't feel comfortable smoking when this "move" thing is still going on. Just don't feel relaxed. It's strange that vape and cigarettes don't bother me, but I feel like I have to have some solid comfort for pipe. Rather strange.
Moving is complicated. It will pass .??

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I didn't realise it until I read this, but I too cannot smoke pipe with a house move....or any other situation where I am delegating other people/tasks in an intensive manner. I will wait until it is finally over, fall into bed and then wake up ready for a pipe and a coffee.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Just picked up my pipe again after taking a few months off myself. This past winter got the best of me and I strayed to smokeless tobacco, which completely takes over for me. It's good to be back. Hope you get settled soon and ditch the nails.

Reactions: bullet08

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Completely understand. May your move be quick and painless (as much as possible). Hopefully you can think fondly of returning to the pipe as absence makes the heart grow fonder!

DAR

Can't Leave
Aug 2, 2020
Tiburon, California
I absolutely hate smoking a pipe when I'm rushed or doing much more than.... smoking a pipe. Moving is the worst time for me. I've quit pipes for months after a move. But it sure is magical when I sit down, in a new home, and light up, relaxed and mellow.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I would recommend using snus if you know you're going to be in this situation again. It's healthier then the cancer sticks and the nicotine part of the experience is more comforting and closer to a pipe. I'll put it this way. Slow versus fast absorption of nicotine changes the experience. A slower absorption like snus or pipes is more comforting where as a quicker absorption like cigs or snuff is more stimulating. Oh they all contain both parts of the experience however what is more pronounced changes. The body is weird and the chemistry of the mind and body is even stranger.
Oh and you'll enjoy those first couple pipes in a way that might make you look forward to the next time you have to take a break. Personally when the pipe starts to feel too common and rote I'll take a few extra days off and as if by magic the pipe feels like a special treat again. So at least you have something to look forward to. It will also help to know you've gotten the bulk of the move done (you're not finished, until everything is put away and you are also used to where it is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.