No Food Fighting! What-cha' Favorite BBQ Recipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Seanz if you have an Asian market near you look for a Japanese sweet cooking wine called Mirin. If you can not find that you can add a table spoon of sugar to a cup of white wine and add soy sauce to that. If you add a garlic clove to it it is great with chicken thighs.
Hauntedmyst, I understand your argument of the American term Bar-B-Q verses grilling. Seriously I understand I have argued the modern term my self but the term goes WAY back. 1756 the term was a description for for dressing a whole hog. Before that it was a term for cooking meat on a wooden platform of raised sticks. I try not to get to stuck on "Our" term of Bar-B-Q as most home cooks do grill and call it Bar-B-Q. Correct or incorrect its simply meat cooked over a wood or charcoal fire. Heck it is yummy in all its forms. The Asian forms such as Korean Bar-b-Q or Japanese yakatori are good as well.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I like to slow cook pork tenderloin submerged in homemade stewed apples, shred, add a little of your favorite sauce to the sandwich if desired. You can add onions and extra spices to the slow cooker if you want but it is not necessary. This method makes astonishingly awesome pork. It is important that you use apple cider to stew the apples.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I am more tridional i am a big fan of "mexican" bbq called barbacoa I wont say what part the meat comes from

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
omg_wtf_bbq.gif

corvinvelegost

Might Stick Around
May 1, 2012
My uncle makes a BBQ Goose that is to die for (especially with a 1/2 pint of his homebrew ale and a bowl of C&D Virginia Flake). He refuses to release the recipe to me though.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I find that this recipe is good for a glaze, or a bbq sauce, or a marinade. If you are going to use it as a traditional bbq sauce I recommend going heavy on the honey. I cant give you quantities because I cook by my senses.
Tuong Ot Toi

soy sauce

sweet soy sauce

seasoned rice wine vinegar

crushed garlic

honey

sesame oil

Chinese 5 spice
Also makes a killer wing sauce. Deep fry your wings and then shake them in a tupperware full of this.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
This needs to be a sticky!
My buddy makes one of the best sauces ever, I have still not been able to remake it, its like everything in the fridge mixed together...so good though

Status
Not open for further replies.