PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Trying to get used to Nightcap. Like it but tend to get a pretty good nic buzz!
Starting mixing with a bit of Balkan Sasieni and I like it much better. Any other suggestions on what can be mixed with it?? I know slowing down will help too!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Mix with My Mixture 965 to mellow without losing the flavor. When that feels good, try out Engine 99.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
To prevent a hard nic hit, try packing only half a bowlful or using a smaller bowl size pipe, group 2 for example. I've never mixed anything else with Nightcap, always thought Dunhill did a pretty good job of mixing it, so why muck it up!

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mountain Camp, Engine 99 and 965 all remind me of NightCap. I think I like all of the others better than NC. Burley is a god, an old earth god.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
An online pipe fried used to mix 4 parts of 965 to 1 of Nightcap. I used to do that, and it was pretty decent. Toss it all in a ziplock bag, shake it up, let it sit for a couple of weeks. Better than either one individually.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ashton's AB needs a lot of age on it for my taste. Open a tin smoke a few bowls, then let it sit for at least a year. Plus the "Syrian" is lackluster, other Syrian blends I've tried are magnificent. This stuff has to much Cypriot or Cavendish. I don't know what it is. But aging it really mellows this blend out, seems to settle into its own. Defiantly not a Nightcap match. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

That nicotine feeling is an oncoming or outright nicotine overdose (which I love) but it messes with your blood sugars. Try smoking your heavy hitters with a bowl of bite size chocolates next to you, and just munch when you feel the effects. It'll keep the spins at bay. Otherwise, nice suggestions for alternatives posted here.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know about mixing anything in to change the Nightcap, but a bit of Nightcap sprinkled into Carter Hall gives it some beautiful highlights. Sorry, a little off topic, but this thread brought it to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.