PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
I tried Dunhills night cap for the first time last week.
Made me realize just how bad everything else I had previously smoked was.
I will certainly purchase more.

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
+1

Still one of my all time favorite blends. I always find myself going back to it and always make sure to have a tin on hand.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Haven't smoked any in ages. Oughta pick up a tin sometime soon. It was number two on my Dunhill latakia blend list. The number one, alas, is not longer made - the wonderful Durbar.

images

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
i have a few tins of it in my cellar but i havent cracked one open yet! Looks like I will have to break one open

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
oh, man, this stuff was my "AH-HA" moment! i am very new (to the briar at least), and at the suggestion of a friend on a cigar board, i tried the night cap, and the sun cleared the clouds.
and, dear god, there is so much else to try out there. i can't wait. o)

zdwebb12

Might Stick Around
Jan 25, 2013
I really like Nightcap as well. It's a good smoke to wind down the day after a big meal. MM 965 is good also.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I smoke it as a special last of the night bowl when I feel like a treat. Some days it's just the perfect end. Damn now I got to fire up a bowl.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
Just smoked my first bowl, I've been smoking some strong tobaccos already. But the Nightcap is the first to give me the nicotine hit that made me feel light headed in a good way. If I would have realised how much I would want to go to bed after I would've saved it for a few hours time and smoked something else for the meantime.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
I love Nightcap, I have what is left of a tin from mid 90's. I have it on the once a month or more rotation to make it last a while. I wouldn't call all the other tobaccos I smoke bad, just not as distinct as the Nightcap.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Nightcap is one of my favorite English blends. All of the Dunhill English blends are good tobaccos blended by Orlik. Some people I talk to actually claim 965 is stronger. I disagree but I like it too.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
If you like Nightcap, try G.L. Pease's Westminster. It's right there in the same ballpark, and an incredibly sophisticated blend!

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Nightcap, MM965, and EMP were my primaries a few years back, and I was hit hard when Dunhill stopped pipe tobacco production for a long while. Found Westminster, which kinda filled the void until they returned. Now, all four are right up there, but they've been joined by the Frogs and SPC's PP & MR. Too many good tobaccos now, just not enough time.....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I received a tin of Nightcap as a birthday gift and tried it in a big bowl pipe (about a Dunhill group five, but it

is a handmade US pipe). From a fresh opened tin, in a big pipe packed full, it really gave me a nicotine buzz.

I went easy after that, but as the tin aged a week or two, it mellowed just a bit, and was gone before long.

About a year and a half ago, I bought a tin of MM965, and waited months to open it. It is really great. I'd

say Nightcap is a tad stronger in nicotine, and has less good room note. But both are excellent. I rotate with

some other blends and non-blended bulk leaf. When I get around to the Dunhill blends, it's always "as good

again," about as good as it gets. I don't own Dunhill pipes, but Dunhill tobacco provides a lot of pleasure in

Peterson, Johs, MMs, Bari, Savenelli, Britannia, Cassano, LaRocca, Perry's, Iwan Ries and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.