PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
You'll hardly ever see me without a pipe in my mouth. I smoke all day long and usually smoke high nic blends during the day. I switch to milder strength blends after 5pm because high nic blends tend to keep me up at night.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Goodness, we have some Nic brutes here.
I readily admit I'm a nic wuss. Hands down.
When I feel the least bit woozy after puffing too hard, too fast, or any number of other things, I just put my pipe down, find me some chocolate and rest a bit.
The trick for me is to remember to smoke my pipe slooooowwwly. And enjoy the blend.

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
I got Nic-sick about a month ago too. That was from smoking Lane 1 and then switching to Blue Sky- On an empty stomach and a few beers in me. I'm thinking it's got to be the Balkan Blue Sky that's kicking my butt. I will admit I smoke my pipe faster than most, since I'm a former cigarette smoker.
Man-I thought I was doing good only smoking at night, and just 3-to 4 bowls. Usually in my Peterson St Patrick's Day 2014 pipe.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Just smoke slower and be mindful of the symptoms. If you start to feel the least bit dizzy or shaky, it's time to stop. Get up and get something to eat as others have suggested.
I almost never get a nic hit from Balkan blends, but do sometimes get one from Virgina/Periques if I puff too fast.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
What is "Balkan Blue Sky"?

I thought you meant McClelland Balkan Blue, but you said "Blue Sky" three times now.

Same blend? If so, it's supposedly mild-medium in nicotine.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Wilson, like you, I learned that being a cigarette smoker didn't mean much on nicotine tolerance. Pipe tobacco is stronger, and a lot of blends are really stronger. And dipping is like a one-two nicotine punch to your head.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The only time I stop smoking is when I must approach a sheep, and that is usually late at night, after drinks. Pro Tip: use button-down jeans, because they know that zipper sound...

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
MCitinner1:Completly agreeing with you,my 30 your cigarette-cigarillo smoking experience doesen't count much when it comes to stronger pipe tobacco blends,definitely many of these does contain truckloads of nicotine,the strength of which becomes more obvious as the bowl progresses during the smoke.

Jan 8, 2013
my 30 your cigarette-cigarillo smoking experience doesen't count much when it comes to stronger pipe tobacco blends,definitely many of these does contain truckloads of nicotine,the strength of which becomes more obvious as the bowl progresses during the smoke.
Aye, I agree Paulie. Blends like Gawith & Hogarth's rope twists, such as Brown XX or Sweet Rum Twist (yummy) Can knock ye on yer booty if ye're nah careful, regardless o' yer nicotine tolerance.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Don't forget your wellies so you can holster those rear hooves.
Good life pro-tip! Also it helps to remember that sheep back away from cliff edges, which is why local escarpments are known as "lover's lane."

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I find that lunting -- being in motion -- is a good way to counter that feeling of too much nicotine, which I really have not experienced.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two things to juggle, nicotine tolerance and nicotine attraction/addiction. You might want more nicotine than you tolerate well. You can get totally hooked and chew and smoke all day. I'd prompt you to smoke moderately, a few bowls a day. Then tune up and down from that until you don't feel nicotine at all. Don't add chaw or other nic, is my advice. Then the usual advice: stay hydrated, with plain water as the base; smoke after food, not on an empty stomach; smoke low nicotine blends if it helps. I like a little nicotine buzz now and then, but I never go for that. It's just a little bonus when it surfaces. For me, smoking is supposed to be a pleasure, not an ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.