PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
The FDA has issued a warning letter to a manufacturer of a gummy candy with synthetic nicotine not derived from tobacco.

Words cannot express how much I’m opposed to official nanny government do gooders messing with my vices.

I’ve known all my life using tobacco was not healthy. It’s a vice I chose. I like nicotine, which is a good thing because I’m a nicotine addict.

But today those candy cigarettes the do gooders have understandably been against could come with synthetic nicotine to “help smokers quit the habit”.

Before long they’ll have THC and nicotine gummies for sale in every gas station by the little dollar bottles of Fireball candy flavored whiskey.

I think that some how the gubbermint ought to leave our traditional methods of sinning with real tobacco alone and go after the modern sinners.

I say this smoking my little James Upshall full of cherry candy flavored cavendish.

But nicotine gummy bears are just wrong, you know?

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Alas I’m older than country rock and even gummy bears.

When I was kid Porter Wagoner was the new sound in country music.

I can still remember candy stores, and winos, and Buck Trent and his electric banjo.

At Overshiner’s Grocery a big paper sack of any candy you wanted was a nickel, then later on a dime, and then Walmart came to Bolivar and Willie and Gladys Overshiner retired to their houseboat.

But there was a day, when kids could and did buy penny candy.

I was never happy with just a penny’s worth.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
What would Jim Ed, Maxine, and Bonnie do?...........
Jim Ed was one of the last leaves on the tree.

He got caught with Helen Cornelius and it just ruined her, but Jim Ed stayed with his wife and was featured on geezer county reunion shows until his fairly recent death.

His big hard country hit was Pop a Top.

When I was a kid a beer joint could only sell beer.

To get the hard stuff like whiskey and wine you had to go to a package store where no sinning on the premises was allowed.

You had to take the bottle home.

The most Buck Trent electric banjo heavy Porter Wagoner hit of all time was Carrol County Accident.

But my favorite was Cold Hard Facts of Life.

There were wine stores then.

Reactions: brian64
Status
Not open for further replies.