PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
If anyone is interested, MM has their Charles Towne Cobbler and Carolina Gent pipes back in stock. I have the Cobbler and it's my favorite pipe, so I ordered a Gent. Both have acrylic stems. $23.99 apiece which is high for a cob, but you'd pay more for a Country Gentleman and a Forever stem. Definitely worth it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, that's a good one that I own, and I recommend it. It has a dark subtle reddish acrylic stem and a good big bowl.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Awesome, been checking on the stock of these for a while now. Must have restocked them after I checked at lunch. I just ran over there and bought up a Carolina Gent. Been wanting one of those for a while now. I too have the Charles Towne Cobbler and I also have a Dagner Poker. Now I'm set!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
CCW how is the dagner poker? Been eying one of those.
Personally I love it. It was my first nose warmer though, so that took a bit to get used to. I love smoking my Sleepy Hollow in it, so that sweet smelling smoke would waft around my face in the cool, fall air. It smokes great and clenches great. I'd highly recommend it. I have read some others say that it has a tendency to smoke wet, but I haven't had that happen with mine. Maybe one time I didn't have my tobacco dry enough and it got a little wet near the bottom, but I just passed a cleaner through to the bottom and it cleared right up. That was a tobacco issue and not a pipe issue though.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Picked up my Charles Towne Cobbler in person last January at their factory.
Great pipe!
26910622_1596872030351646_8390913167574892510_o.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's the Charles Towne that I have, and the Dagner. As mentioned, the CT is excellent, and I like the nose warmer just as much. I tend to chew through the stock stems, so the acrylics are just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.