Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwray

Lurker
Jan 10, 2016
Three Rivers, Michigan
I am looking forward to participating in this forum to build my knowledge of pipes and the smoking of them. I am starting to get into collecting and restoring estate pipes but need a lot of help initially, I am sure I will mess up a couple times, but hey failure is a door to improvement. I have been smoking a pipe off and on for about 10 years going between a good cigar and smoking pipe. I would consider myself a novice when it comes to tobaccos and pipe collecting. I live in Three Rivers Michigan and do not have ready access to a good pipe store or tobacconist so will use the Internet as much as possible.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Welcome from KC!! Hopefully you will enjoy your journey into pipes. Be very careful when you begin to refurb pipes. There are alot of do's and don'ts involved. Never run the buffer over the nomenclature is the biggest. That little maneuver can turn a pipe of value to nameless pipe in a basket,

Reactions: SBC

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Welcome! lot's of good resources here and at sites like SP.com, Briar blues, Marty Pulvers and even on youtube. Don't be afraid to ask as no question is foolish and there are lots of young and old codgers on this site.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Welcome from Sydney, Oz.

Do ask any/all the questions you like.

Like you, I got interested in estate pipes. I was lucky that Steve Laug (Rebornpipes) was kind enough to fix up a couple for me. I was encouraged through reading his blogs to take on a few pipes on my own - starting with a couple of cheap ones, so it wouldn't matter much if I really stuffed up. I gained enough confidence to take on more, to the point where over 3/4 of my pipes now are estates.

I hope you really get into, and enjoy this great past time.

Reactions: Fralphog

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I am looking forward to participating in this forum to build my knowledge of pipes and the smoking of them. I am starting to get into collecting and restoring estate pipes but need a lot of help initially, I am sure I will mess up a couple times, but hey failure is a door to improvement. I have been smoking a pipe off and on for about 10 years going between a good cigar and smoking pipe. I would consider myself a novice when it comes to tobaccos and pipe collecting. I live in Three Rivers Michigan and do not have ready access to a good pipe store or tobacconist so will use the Internet as much as possible.
Welcome from Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.