PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Well guys its December and Christmas had a pre-show at my house. I opened my door today to find two packages. One had a return address from Marty Pulvers, and the other was from ebay.
8O :lol:
I Immediately began grinning from ear to ear as I ran upstairs and carefully unpacked them. Here is what I received today. A little disclaimer though as I did not set up the lighting and I used my phone so they may be blurry.
The first package from Marty was a box inside a box. Hell, that is like getting two gifts already. I opened the inner box to reveal a very nice pipe sleeve. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning as I carefully opened the sleeve and revealed my new Savinelli Autograph. It is GORGEOUS, even better looking in person. It is also pretty big. It takes up my whole hand.
IMG_0617.jpg

The second box had a lot I bought off of ebay recently. The photo really does not do them justice (and I am not just saying that).
They are:
1.No name cool shaped volcano? I do not know what to call it but you can clearly spot it in the photo. Great grain and it feels very natural in my hand.

2.Chelsea Select Grain

3. Milano Hessen Guard

4. Dr. Grabow Viscount with really pretty straight grain.

5. Coventry

6. Dr. Grabow Linksman De Luxe

7. Medico Guardsman, this is a really cool pipe with some kind of metal in the bottom of the bowl that acts as a strainer? and then a hole in the bottom (purposeful as it is metal). When drawing through it I put my hand on the top of the bowl and the air came in through the whole on the bottom very very lightly. Very odd but cool.

8. Very nice looking bulldog shaped with a cursive R that on the left line of the R turns into a pipe. Very interesting.
IMG_0611.jpg

Overall, I would say it is has been a great week as far as PAD goes haha.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Wow....you are certainly chugging along with the PAD spirit....some mighty nice pipes to add to your collection! And I think your Autograph is a real winner....I'm quite the sucker for the combination smooth & blasted......Enjoy!... :D

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
It looks as though you've done quite well for yourself.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks guys I am very happy with my purchases. Now I just have to start smoking them haha.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha sure I will take one tomorrow. I found out it is a Stephen and Roswitha Anderson pipe. A link to their other pipes can be found here. But if you look closely it is the same symbol (that you will see tomorrow lol). Unfortunately, Stephen died a while back.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great looking bunch, and nice to see they are starting all shiny, or did you do a wax job on them?

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
No, the guy who sold them to my restored them. The only problems some of them have is some very light cracks on the shank where the silver bands are. Nothing that compromises integrity or even noticeable with out really looking on some.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Well I'll be dipped! I have one of those pipes a rusticated billiard. I was digging through the boxes today trying to find a decent stem for it!

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks guys. I was posting the picture for Bubba as he requested it earlier but I am glad you guys like the pipe. The only flaw on this one is there is a crack on the top of the shank towards the bowl. It does not affect the integrity of the pipe but takes away from its beauty.
Here are pictures of the other pipes as well.
1. Volcano
IMG_0634.jpg

2. Chelsea Select Grain
IMG_0639.jpg

3. Milano Hessen Guard
IMG_0636.jpg

4. Dr. Grabow Viscount
IMG_0633.jpg

5. Coventry
IMG_0632.jpg

6. Dr. Grabow Linksman De Luxe (Sorry for the crappy picture, I almost forgot to take one when I was taking the others so the lighting is off and I didn't set up the tins)
IMG_0630.jpg

7. Medico Guardsman
IMG_0638.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.