PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Straight cavendish is what you're looking for sorta. The thing is asking for a pipe tobacco that you can make a smoke screen with and not get tongue bite is like looking for a virgin that won't be shy and show you things you didn't know a person could do. You're asking for something that cancels out the other thing you're looking for. But cavendish heavy blends do produce a more voluminous looking smoke. Especially on camera. But to get it billowy is still going to burn your tongue. The point of a churchwarden is keeping the smoke out of your eyes. Which is important if you're watching a churchyard for thieves in the middle of the night without any extra light sources to help you see them. (which is is why they got that name allegedly).
Like many things in life you want two things but you really can only have one of them so figure out which one matters more to you.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
They're cumbersome and have very little affect on the temperature of the smoke.
I think they do effect temp but in such a minimal way that is barely perceptible. And certainly will not make a difference between an enjoyable smoke or not. Kind of like how 200degrees is cooler then 204 degrees but your burnt hand isn't going to notice a difference.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
You just repeated what I said.
yeah agreeing with you basically. You know because there is an inexperienced person repeating a claim they heard. You know one time where saying the same thing slightly differently is actually helpful. Kind of like having another shop teacher come in and tell you how they lost their fingers too.

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Your request is interesting. Generally, it seems more of a goal to have wisps of smoke because cooler, slower, burning will result in more flavour.
getting a giant puff of smoke is pretty much the last thing I try to do.

for instance even with a cigar, I read a quote online similar to "A cigar is a stick of incense you occasionally puff to keep lit".

OldWill

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 9, 2022
Blanco, Texas
I have shredded cigars to add to my own concoctions, and they do seem to produce thicker smoke, even when smoked slowly. This is particularly true when I add Prince Albert to the cigar leaf mix.

There are some blends that simply lend themselves to denser smoke than others, and I must say that I enjoy the thick clouds. Try mixing some of your own.

Reactions: weezell

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
Habana Daydream has cigar in it, it's a nice blend.

When I first started smoking a pipe I thought the Perique spice was "heat" and my nose wasn't used to the temperature. Turns out it was just that, Perique spice that I wasn't used to. Fast forward to something like Balkan Supreme or English Luxury and it feels like chilled beverage coming out on retrohale.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I mean you could get sick clouds of smoke if you want, but it kind of goes against the entire grain of pipe smoking? It probably hurts and tastes like shit, even though pipes look cool, it might not be for you if that is what you're looking for?

Kooky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2022
Florida
I mean you could get sick clouds of smoke if you want, but it kind of goes against the entire grain of pipe smoking? It probably hurts and tastes like shit, even though pipes look cool, it might not be for you if that is what you're looking for?
Time to start a new business venture: vapes that look like pipes.

If someone actually does this may their toes turn into grubs and their butthole constantly burn.

Reactions: weezell