PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Welcome from Saskatchewan.

You will have to fact check me on this but, I believe Brigham has switched from vulcanite to acrylic on all models as of a year or so ago.

• Wow
Reactions: FRed3137

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Welcome from Saskatchewan.

You will have to fact check me on this but, I believe Brigham has switched from vulcanite to acrylic on all models as of a year or so ago.
If that's true, I'm willing to get another Voyageur! I love the rustication on the Voyageurs but the vulcanite stem is a major turn off.

Reactions: FRed3137

FRed3137

Lurker
Mar 13, 2024
Update on this, I've visited a local pipe shop here in Quebec city...and there's only one lol..
The clerk was pretty helpful. He smokes pipe as a hobby too. He recommended me to get a corn cob for pretty cheap on the basis of, if you don't like it, you'll only have spent a few dollars.
He made me smell a few blends they have in stock, I went with Vincenzo university flake.

Just waiting for a decent weather to start breaking it in.

Thanks for the helpful comments, this forum is quite a friendly community that I will keep coming back to.

Reactions: RandyMcgrabb
Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome friend! You have already figured out the important things about a pipe to purchase. There is a huge variety in your parameters that will work out just fine. I would recommend selecting a pipe with a reputable name, and then just choose one you like aesthetically. A big part of smoking is enjoying the look and feel.

Apostle-Islands-Cornucopia.jpg

FRed3137

Lurker
Mar 13, 2024
Welcome friend! You have already figured out the important things about a pipe to purchase. There is a huge variety in your parameters that will work out just fine. I would recommend selecting a pipe with a reputable name, and then just choose one you like aesthetically. A big part of smoking is enjoying the look and feel.

View attachment 296318
Indeed, I have my eyes on a few pipes that I will get if ever this new experience turns out enjoyable for me😉

Reactions: RandyMcgrabb

RandyMcgrabb

Lurker
Feb 26, 2024
Cornwall, UK
Update on this, I've visited a local pipe shop here in Quebec city...and there's only one lol..
The clerk was pretty helpful. He smokes pipe as a hobby too. He recommended me to get a corn cob for pretty cheap on the basis of, if you don't like it, you'll only have spent a few dollars.
He made me smell a few blends they have in stock, I went with Vincenzo university flake.

Just waiting for a decent weather to start breaking it in.

Thanks for the helpful comments, this forum is quite a friendly community that I will keep coming back t
As a newcomer to the world of pipes, I also started on a Corncob and Meerschaum, and it's great, that was one helpful clerk. I'm still using corncobs though but have also added to my collection 3 Savinelli, one of which I'm breaking in.